• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

well i got out to my fish house on lake francis tonight only to find out that i was broken into late last night they rods tv a radio one light bulb and broke my radio thermastat lights speakers and dumped my minnows all over the floor if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated

well i got out to my fish house on lake francis tonight only to find out that i was broken into late last night they rods tv a radio one light bulb and broke my radio thermastat lights speakers and dumped my minnows all over the floor if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated

Not to make light of your misfortune but this is exactly why I don't have a permanent or "wheel" fish house.

Sorry to hear about that arcticcat400. You've posted your frustration in the right place; lots of eyes and ears here. I will, personally, keep them both peeled.

It would be interesting to know if any of these break in's have ever been solved. Seems like you are taking a huge risk leaving a house out around here.

I do not spend much time on the Metro forums or other area forums and am curious. Does this area seem to have more break in's than other parts of the State ?

As big of a draw as Red Lake has been over the past few years I don't think my cousin has ever had a break in reported on the houses that go out of his road access. At least not that I know of. There are tons of people from all over the state that fish there so what gives ?

I too would like to have a hard house but not if I have to worry about some scumbag destroying it.

Sorry to hear about your break in.

articcat, where on the lake was or is your house? i have a few eyes out there from time to time. if you want to email me too thats fine. [email protected]

one suggestion, never leave anything of value in your perm! i take everything with me every time! even the rattle wheels.

this is a very hard thing to deal with as it seems like more and more are gettin reported surely someone will have to see something and help some one out i'm sry to hear bout the break in

Ya thats the downfall of a perm, theres always some low life that does this around the area every year, I never understood the vandalism portion of it though, take the valuables that at least can be replaced but why be destructive, sooner or later at some point in there life they'll get what they have coming to them.

hopefully its sooner than later........its gonna be really bad if they get caught in the act like was said in a different thread theres gonna be a couple guys with some black eyes and bloody noses and about 20 others with bruised knuckles and nobodys seen nothin but no where am i sayin violence is the answer

Arctic~

Where is your house located on Francis? I had some relatives in town this weekend and they took the perm out to Francis Sunday morning thru Monday morning, if your precise enough on the location of the house, I can talk to my cousin and see if anything was seen or heard. My email is chagen8@yahoo. It's come up on past forums, but an alarm system is sounding like a must have for my perm before any of these idiots bust down my door. Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

If I had a perm I would rig up some motion lighting inside and hide one of those trail cameras to snap a picture of the punks. Judges love photos.

I was on Frances last night,saw a truck with plow on it going from house to house, he stopped by & talked to the guys in a portable in front of the the silos.i was fishing & catching because i left my portable at home!Wheel houses rock!i do leave as little as possible in it tho.I hope somebody catches this thief,soon.

Sorry to hear the news. I hope they catch the culprit.

To those that may have eyes and ears in the area, pretty sure the house was mid lake north side. It sure would be nice to see this thread updated with a post of an arrest.

What us fishermen need to do is anytime we put perm ice houses on a lake we should make a fund like a doller a week and have a laid off construction worker like me who has nothing to do at night and thay can patrol the lake at night so there is no breakins that is not allot of money compared to the damage and equipment loss that you will take i am a fishermen and can't stand this littal punks.

the house was about mid lake close to the north shore on what i believe is kaplans point there was about 4-5 other houses by it it is dewalt yellow and really stands it you would remember it if you seen it any help is appreciated