• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bowfin

E-Collars

Bowfin

Anyone recommend a good waterproof e-collar for under $300? Looking for a simple single dog unit for a lab. I have used a couple Tritronics Classic 70's in the past - both which worked great until they were about 2 years old then they went kaput.

rmkod

I had a Tri Tronics Field 70 for 13 years and never had a problem, Tri Tronics would get my vote. Have a Pro 100 now and love it.

caseymcq

Sportdog Wetland 400 or Sportdog FieldTrainer 400. I think both are under $180.

jigging-matt

I have a DT systems for my Britt and it works great. I know they make a waterproof version for waterfowl hunting. Might be worth checking out.

ironrangegemneye

There are a fair number of different set ups on the market. I was looking to spend about that much and ended up going with the Field 90 EXP. It has 6 levels of continuous and 6 levels of momentary. I bought it last summer and have had no problems to speak of yet. The TT website is listing it at $338.00.

I ended up going with that brand,even though there is only a two year warranty since it has been around a bit longer. I also talked with many people who use this and other brands and TT got the best reviews out of quality. A friend of mine has a Sportdog FieldTrainer 400 and has had to send it in a few times to get fixed (another friend also has it but has had no problems at all with it).

I hunted pheasant, grouse, and ducks this year and the collar was put through many different environments. The best recommendation I could give is to do some research.

machohorn

I have the dogtra. works out to 3/4 mile and both the collar and transmitter are waterproof. 127 levels of excitement, also has a nick, continous and a buzz page signal. my 8 month lab uses about a #37. When I want him to come, I hit the page twice and he comes a running. very rarely do I have to include a nick. Last weekend out on Milacs he was over 1/2 mile out and on a dead run, wind was blowing the opposite direction. I hit the page he stopped dead in his tracks looked at me and came running back as fast as he could. I never said a word.

anyfishwilldo

I have a dogtra 2502 T&B for my britts. I love the dogtras.

rundrave

I have a dogtra 2502 T&B for my britts. I love the dogtras.

have the same model and love it as well! just wish it was under $300 like the original poster was looking for. granted its a 2 dog system, but even the 2500 isnt under $300

anyfishwilldo

They have them on the site that starts with an e and ends in a y for 300. The 2500, not the 2502

lenny7

Look at the Dogtra 2300NCP. It lists at $299 but a quick google search will find it cheaper. I really like that it has lithium batteries which recharge in just a couple hours.

BJB

Tri-Tronics.

kkahmann

Tri-Tronics