• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jiffy Ice Auger Problem

yamaharider

Question

Hey I just bought a Jiffy Ice Auger 3hp Model 30. Its about 8 yrs old and it cuts thru ice great and runs good, theres only one problem I have with it and was wondering if anyone knows how I can solve the problem. As soon as I start my auger, the blade begins to turn. The auger itself does not open up wide, however the auger blade still turns and is kinda dangerous for I am not able to carry from hole to hole, I have to shut her off and then re-start her. Hoping someone has the answer to my problem thanks!

2 answers to this question

there should be an adjustment screw or two on the carb. One of them should adjust the idle, usually by unscrewing it a little bit maybe a half a turn you can adjust the idle speed. you want to slow it down a little bit so it does not engage and turn the auger. Sorry i could not be more specific, i have not made any adjustments on a jiffy. Someone will chime in with a more detailed description i'm sure.

as you look at the side of your carb you should see two screws on the bottom half of carb. the one closest to the carb is your idle fuel mixture screw, the one next to it is the high speed fuel mixture. right above these two you will see a 3rd screw this one is your idle speed screw. let engine warm up for a couple of minutes. this top screw turn counterclockwise this will slow down the idle speed. you want it set so the clutch just begins to turn. if it seems to bog down you will have to turn the idle mixture screw out or in until the engine starts to smooth out. hope this helps