• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearing near Fargo-Moorhead

ndsufish

I am going to school at NDSU and I loved spearing northerns around my hometown in Central MN. Does anyone have any advice on where to spear near the F-M area? Since I'm a MN resident I can only spear in MN. I was looking at going to Silver or Cormorant, any suggestions?

I would forget Silver - tried it last year because it was close to town but it was very slow.

Try Upper or Little Cormorant or Lief.

Haven't been up there for a number of years, but Lief was a good lake and usually clear, from what i remember.

Thank you! I think I will try Lief or Little Cormorant, thanks for the advice. I am sure the ice is think enough to drive on, but are there any bad spots or springs I should watch out for? I have a two-wheel drive pickup so I can get stuck if there are drifts, are these lakes generally plowed? Any advice on where to go is also appreciated.

Leif was pretty good. Saw a lot of action, mostly too small to throw the spear at though. I took my friend for his first time spearing and he got one and I got one. I'll get a picture or two up soon.