• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ndsufish

Spearing near Fargo-Moorhead

ndsufish

I am going to school at NDSU and I loved spearing northerns around my hometown in Central MN. Does anyone have any advice on where to spear near the F-M area? Since I'm a MN resident I can only spear in MN. I was looking at going to Silver or Cormorant, any suggestions?

Tagstew

big c is really clear but it might be slushy

browning_gold

I am going up to NDSU to visit someone and was wondering the same thing

fisheye

I would forget Silver - tried it last year because it was close to town but it was very slow.

Try Upper or Little Cormorant or Lief.

triggertrav

Haven't been up there for a number of years, but Lief was a good lake and usually clear, from what i remember.

ndsufish

Thank you! I think I will try Lief or Little Cormorant, thanks for the advice. I am sure the ice is think enough to drive on, but are there any bad spots or springs I should watch out for? I have a two-wheel drive pickup so I can get stuck if there are drifts, are these lakes generally plowed? Any advice on where to go is also appreciated.

Fish Toys
Make sure you let us know how you did and we enjoy pictures! grin

ndsufish

Leif was pretty good. Saw a lot of action, mostly too small to throw the spear at though. I took my friend for his first time spearing and he got one and I got one. I'll get a picture or two up soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Reid Saarela
      Toddrun, You are correct. It seems as if it’s still larvea down there in big bay. Have seen very few , if any mayflies in the air. 
    • toddrun
      Nice fish Reid, We saw lots of clouds coming out of the mud also, but didn't know what was hatching.  Did see lots of dragonfly's, but not much for fishflies or mayflies in the air.  We didn't have any big fish luck for found keeper fish in the first rock edges around the mud. A guy in our resort claimed he caught a 32" Walleye, but we didn't see any pic's, so not verified, although had several witnesses that confirmed it.  Would have been nice to see it though.
    • Horseshoe_Don
      Bass is my favorite fish to eat.    I always keep them.   If anyone told me not to I would tell them to go to [email protected]#$.    I always eat everything I catch. Catch and release is a choice not a law.   As long as people eat what they catch I have no problem with what ever they catch.   Those who waste fish I have a problem with or those who catch and release too much and end up killing fish I even have a bigger problem with.   Don
    • Wanderer
      The OP specifically requested advice on how to best address what he personally considers an issue; respectfully. And yes, I do agree, and therefore respect his request enough to answer it; respectfully. I’ve personally dealt with the same conflict of interest in the past and feel that I understand the emotions on both sides enough to offer qualified advice that is more practical and useful than just saying mind your own darn business.  
    • DLD24
      Hit BSL on Friday to tryand find those slabs again... They were right in the same area as the last time I was out, but could not get one to bite to save my life... They were taunting me jumping all around me... I got some walleyes, nothing over 14" though... The bugs were horrible on the north side, so bad they drove me to the south side haha.
    • kfk
      If someone is legal keeping 15"+ bass, it's none of your business whether they keep 15"+ fish or not. Just walk away and leave it alone.  If you want to change the regulations, try doing it in the proper manner instead of a confrontation at the boat ramp.  I don't know how others would react, but if you approached me, it certainly wouldn't be positive experience.
    • Mike89
      so what do have against harpooners?????  the Indians did it before us????????????   
    • Reid Saarela
      28.5, but the fattest walleye we’ve seen. My dad and I both agreed it was a bigger fish than my 30 last summer. Wish we would have weighed it but I would rather have the fish swim off healthy! 
    • delcecchi
      I don't confront people on the water about what they do.  Expressing an opinion in general is fine.  Getting up in people's face is different, as I hope you agree.
    • IceHawk
      That's awesome Don. Very creative and looks like fun.