• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      I would of kept the 15 “ fish and put back those large fish . When you say you caught your larger limit are you saying that you took home those large fish?
    • rumeye
      Perfect that works thanks.
    • mbeyer
      That is a nice report. Only been to Trout twice with a guide. Would like to try on our own. Seems intimidating....big and deep water. Can "just a guy" find walleye out there? Is it more of a summertime lake? What happens around Memorial Day?
    • h8go4s
      I camp anywhere from Dryweed Island west to Lost Bay and can get ATT the majority of the time, but seems to be better reception after the sun sets. Sometimes I'll get reception from Rogers Communications, which is out of Canada, so if you use that you'll probably get charged a small fee. Since I solo camp, I try to call my wife each night to let her know I'm OK. There have been a couple of times when I've just sent a short text because I only had one bar. As far as Navionics, if you have that area loaded on your phone or locator, you don't need cell service.  Navionics is ok for general navigation but isn't very trustworthy for depth contours, so be careful. Lots of rock hazards. Good luck.
    • fins_n'_feathers
      I have heard much of the same from friends that have been in there recently. They say the lake trout fishing is the best it has been in a long time and once everyone gets their trout the walleye fishing is awesome too! Great to hear! 
    • redlabguy
      Fishing Vermilion has been slow for me. I have a couple friends here, one of whom grew up with a cabin on Trout, before the BWCA, that we visited as youngsters. We fish it every year looking for walleye but usually only catch bass. Today, in the rain, I had the absolute best walleye fishing ever. I have caught a 28” on Vermilion, but today caught my (larger) limit including 27”, 26”, a couple 24”s,etc. Beautiful fish- dark bronze with red/gold fins, The other guys did well, too. We were throwing back 15” fish. Great day. I sound like I’m bragging and maybe am, but Trout is back as a walleye lake. Leeches today, slooow drift with a Lundy rig, 14-20’ off points.  I’m 68. Best walleye fishing of my life- so far. Only regret is the red lab had to stay home. Boat is too small. RLG    
    • Wanderer
      We have pretty good bass fishin’ in MN.  19 is a good one. 😎
    • fins_n'_feathers
      Anyone get out this weekend and care to share how fishing was? Will be heading Up tomorrow after work for a week at the lake. 
    • fins_n'_feathers
      The service up there is very spotty at best. I have AT&T and have a place in Sand Bay. At the cabin there is hardly any service and what there is usually comes from Canada. That being said a mile down the road it’s 4 bars of LTE. I can’t say exactly how service is at Island View but when we fish in Black Bay right around the corner there’s pretty good service. About as good as it gets on the lake. The farther East you go the worse it gets and fast.
    • Caleb McPherson
      Someday I'll get a big one. 😆 I did pull a 19" Largemouth out of Weaver lake last year. The largest bass I've ever caught.