• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was just up in Elysian, Mn visiting my grandpa Tom Laska n doing some spearing and was wondering if any of you guys speared in this area and might be able to point me in the direction of a good Northern Pike Lake, I tried Madison Lake and Rays lake with no success, for northerns anyway, Madison lake on sunday produced 7 nice sunfish between my gf and I, that was about it tho. Thx for your time guys...

Ive always had decent success on tetonka. I always go right out from the beach in waterville. I think francis would be a good place to try also. I personnally have never speared it but there are alot of northerns in there, and that right in eylsian.

Have my house on reeds east end 8 ft water you will see fish nouthing great yet, seem to run small really good bait stealers.red/white dec with sucker/shiner.17"ice dont go more than 8-9 ft deep water gets cloudy.

Are you up for a while??? Your Grpa and I go way back. Ask him if he remembers the silver fish house on Francis. I will call he Tuesday

I would try some of the smaller lakes in the area, i.e. Fish, lily, reeds, steele, roemhilts, george, etc...

They seem to have clear water and good northern populations.

Are you up for a while??? Your Grpa and I go way back. Ask him if he remembers the silver fish house on Francis. I will call he Tuesday

Ya he remembers ya, Ken right? Ill be up Sunday I think might do some spearing, gotta new spear from the madison lake baitshop to try out, I think I wanna either go to 1.Reeds 2.West Jefferson, 3.Fish, or 4.Francis, I want to be able to drive close to where Im going for all the gear I got so I dont know which one to go to, High northern population lakes sound good, I ike getting out just to even see the fish come in and all, take more pictures then actually spearing smile Any Ideas. Id like to stay within 8 to 10ft of water, with some weeds around.

You could try Kelly-Duddly was there a couple weeks ago I went on duddly side couple freinds went on other side, didn't see any on duddly side but did catch some crapies friends on kelly side speard a few and saw a few more, water is clear and should have no trouble finding some weeds

where is that? If other guys are spearing there Id like to give it a try, is it a small lake? How far from Elysian/Waterville? How do I get to the Kelly's part of the lake by driving?

yea small lake located by french Rice Co try duddly only

Can I drive staight trough the slough connecting the 2 lakes?

When I was there small trucks s-10 rangers were coming across we had a wheeler. when we cut holes had 14 inches that was a couple weeks ago.

Another lake i forgot to mention before but its a lil bit of a drive is mazaska. Every time ive speared here ive seen at least a couple. There is alot of northerns here and a some nice sized ones. The lake is right in shieldsville on 21. Something to think about especially if u go to kelly dudley because mazaska is only a few miles down the road.