• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DTro

Heater broke, need new hose

Question

DTro

I had the unfortunate case of the hose getting locked into the regulator on my Mr Heater Cooker. I don’t know what happened, if it was corrosion or what, but that puppy wasn’t moving. Even after taking a good set of vice grips to it. Ended up breaking the brass fitting behind the regulator mad.

So I went out and bought a new heater, but I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Are some hoses better than others?

Should I use some anti-seize on the threads?

The one I had was a 5 footer, and I liked the oversized plastic knob at the tank side for disconnecting. At the very least I want to get one a bit longer. I saw one at Walmart, for about $18.

Recommendations?

6 answers to this question

Aaron Brown

I would say to go to a dieles/hydraulic shop and have them make one for you out of hydraulic hose. The hose is high temp and high pressure as well as the fact that it will stay supple in cold weather.

Macgyver55

Liquid teflon would be a better choice than anti-seize. In addition to keeping it from seizing it will seal the threads from leaks.

goose89

Macgyver, I was expecting something derived from bubblegum and plant fibers. j/k.

Liquid teflon - this available at the hardware store?? Never heard of. thanks for the tip. I've had above issue, but not as bad, also. Vice-grips worked so far, but only a matter of time before I got dtro's problem too.

Macgyver55

Quote:
Liquid teflon - this available at the hardware store??

It should be....if not, automotive stores should have it. Its the only thing we use for propane conversions on vehicles.

Sandmannd

I get the 12 footers at FF fro $28 and have never had a problem with them.

Jeremy airjer W

liquid teflon tape is good stuff!!!!