• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Indian Lake

Been over to Indain a couple times and can't seem to get anything to bite. Lot's of lookers.

Tons of people on the lake so I would suspect there catching fish.

Any advise would be great.

"Your bobbers down!"

They're all small, both sunnies and crappies. Sure, you can get a bigger one here and there if you put your time in, but there are better lakes out there!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

We have had a cabin on the lake for about 30 years. It use to be better but now theres just a millon little Sunnies and a few small Crappies! frown

Hey bobber, The last two years i had gone out to indian was same story. 1 man had shown me his tecnique the water is very murky only 3ft. visible from the sportsman's map info. I'll tell you his trick only because i still couldnt catch anything 10 times out there. he was out there at 7:30 at night crappies' hit em hard but he was taking very long pulls off the bottom in 23 fow. shaking is pole side to side rigerously all the way up to provoke the strike. using just a little jig and a crappie minnow with fire line. I saw his fish a couple were 6" but the rest were'nt really worth all that work. I never caught anything out there so try if you like and good luck. p.s. there were always a few to 10 guys out there then too!

Grandp, I think the guys was taking a few long pulls off something alright! laugh

Grandp, I think the guys was taking a few long pulls off something alright! laugh

It sounds like it was good stuff

Sorry Grandp, just having alittle fun. frown It's not that the system you outlined wouldn't work. It's like I posted earlier. We have had a cabin on Indian for about 30 years and it just doesn't have the big fish it use to have, but what lake does anymore! I'm sure the system you gave from your buddy will catch the fish in any lake. It's just that this one, sad to say is full of d i n k everything! We have gotton a few nice Bass and Pike out of it from time to time. But the Sunnies and Crappies are all small. Great place to take the kids though.

Right on leech lots of places are getting hard to fish. I had been on Indian a few times and a 50's something had been pretty nice. Asked me if i wanted to fish with him, said he had caught some nice ones. I'd never seen anyone jig like that,but he had fish and I didn't catch any even on his setup. I really went back a few times just to see if I could catch any, and no I couldnt. It hasn't much better for me anywhere else. I've been looking for pike on a tipup cause thats usually easy in cedar lake but I havn't got any there either. Thanks leech, and yeah that was funny !#*@

Grandp, when trying on Cedar for pike. Have you ever tried going straight across the lake from the boat launch to the other side by the bulrushes where a few guys fish sunnies? Give that spot a try.

That's where we speared in 10' for a few years. I was out there a couple weeks ago for about 4 hours put out two tipups'/w sucker minnows didn't catch anything. we used to have good luck out there early ice, but later in the year it shut off. One older guy spearing out there this year said he hadn't seen anything for a couple weeks.

Huuum! Ya that use to be a good spot. How about the very far other end in the small bays, or right out to the right of the park landing?

Got no truck no wheeler anymore. Never fished the south end in the winter pretty sure they're down there though. I tried out in front of the schroder park ramp where we fished in the summer, but did'nt get anything.

Grandp, have you tried Suger at the north end landing, end of lake?