• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

just got back as well. started fishing around 8:30 am friday and caught 9 keeper walleyes between 8 guys and fished till 7 pm. saturday we decided to fish the hillman road and it was better. fished all day and caught 23 keeper walleyes and a couple slabs. that was at around 8 miles out. pretty slow. Anybody know where the 17-20 inch fish went. 2 years ago thats all we got and now we only got 2 over 17. a 17 1/4" and a 24.5"

100_4878-2.jpg

100_4885.jpg

100_4882.jpg

100_4881.jpg

100_4880.jpg

sorry, first time posting pictires

Also, we stayed in one of Chad Bensons sleeper houses, awesome guy I would highly recommend staying with him.

Nice fish there. Was the off road traveling tough? I am looking at going up there tomorrow, looking for information before I leave. Thanks. If I will be out there.... Look for me 3-5 mile mark! White Blazer out of Hillmans of course. smile

I'm heading up on Wednesday to introduce my brother to URL. Sounds like there are folks getting fish! Nice report and pics vexi. I'm gonna try for a monster Pike this time up as well.

Glock, I'm heading up Thursday morning.

I'll be in a Gray/Tan Lodge with a white Ram.

Whats your shack look like? Maybe i'll stop for a fishing report on the way thru?

Last time up for me was a month ago and did fairly well off the 6 mile angle road.

Muleshack,

I have a 1/2 ton Blue and silver F150 and a 16' blue wheel house. Stop in for a cold one if you see me. I don't know where we are going to set up yet, still checking out some possiblilities.

Truck_Wheelhouse_mille_lacs_2.jpg

I was up right after Christmas with my Dad and we tried about 4 miles out and then 3 miles out. Ended up with 14 walleyes and one crappie. Hope to do at least as well for my brother's sake...he doesn't get to do much ice fishing and I want to show him a fun time fishing.

Will one of the moderators PLEASE fix these too wide pictures so we don't have to scroll back and forth to read them!!!

Will one of the moderators PLEASE fix these too wide pictures so we don't have to scroll back and forth to read them!!!

Sorry, I edited mine to fit.

Quack, Glock,

Will be up there Wednesday morn through Fri. White Armada with a trailer hauling a green Polar Sport (Marine General logo) and a blue Clam 6800. Not sure where we are headed yet. But stop in if you see me and I will do the same! JH

I am also coming up Wed and leaving Sat morning. I am staying with Club Red out of Hillmans. I don't know if my cell will work up there (sprint) but if anyone one wants to exchange fishing reports while up there let me know and we can exchange numbers by email. Red hooks and meduim shiners if you can find them are what I was told.

your sprint phone should work fine up there. we had a couple sprint phones in the group and they had service pretty much anywhere they went.

My buddy and I spent the weekend on the ice. We caught about 4 small walleyes on Friday night. I caught a tiny walleye Sat morning and that was IT! We were close to the rez line. We moved around a bit saturday afternoon with no luck. Pretty disappointing. Wish I had a better report but our fishing was not good...

We stuck to the road but seen some people out driving around. The snow was really soft with alot of water under it. I think it was above freezing the whole time we were there so i have no idea what its like after it froze up.

How far out on Agassiz road were you? Those numbers are quite staggering and almost unbelievable considering everyone I talked to up there was doing terrible. One guy that drove up from Iowa and had gotten 1 bite in 2 days.

was up in a very nice rental sleeper from Friday 2:00 till sunday 10am with 4 people. Caught 25 walleyes and 3 crappies (The crappies heyday sure was fun while it lasted). Of the 25 walleyes, we could only keep 7 due to the rest being to big. Considering the other reports I am reading its looks like we did pretty good. Not much during the day, the bite both days started around 6pm and lasted through the night. We were about 2-3 miles out. Seen lots of houses very close to shore. How deep were they are has it been better there?

Chaff,

feel free to email me at

lcj1716hoy @ hotmail dot com

Sorry for hijacking the thread fellas. Back to the reports.....

Our rental shack was only 2 miles from shore on Agazzis. We also moved out to the res line near Agazzis rentals. We had two portables. My two buddies couldn't keep them off there line all day. My shack only caught one. And we were only ten feet apart, with the same lures. Also in our permanent shack. One hole probably caught 75 percent of the fish. My parents were out of Jr's four miles out. And they caught almost 40 between six guys.

Heading to Raveling Outdoors this weekend off of Waskish. Never fished red before. Anyone heard of this place or been to the resort? Hoping to catch some nice fish. Going up friday morning, coming home sunday morning. Any specific lures I should bring, Shiners or fatheads? Never been there! Any info would help thanks. Good Luck

I am a URL virgin looking for any advise for next weekend!Planning on being up there by friday at noon, on the north east i think. wondering if jiggin raps, spoons, or jigs are the ticket? Any place have shiners up there?

i have never stayed with any outfitters up there i store my own house at hillmins. i go out pick a spot based the on reports from the forums and do quite well normally what im sayin is there is endless pages of info about the lake. take some time and page back a couple weeks and you could learn alot.

Size 4 or 6 demons glow with pink, lime or orange head, stripe or spot. Size 2 demon jigging spoons same colors and glow red. 1/8 oz glow colors rattling varmints as well. Bring fatties and shiners if you can keep those shiners alive that is. PLain red size 6 hook works well too. Ravelings are alright some of their practices I don't agree with but they do ok finding fish.

size 6 demon with the yellow spot in the middle with a whole shiner was key for me. walleyes are really agressive and will smack it nearly everytime. if you cant get it to hit, its probably a perch. reel your line up and throw down the head and the perch will smack it.

Quote:
Hey Chaff, are you cracking out the grill and cooking for us gals coming up from the women's forum?

Hey lambjm, When are you gals coming up and where are you going out of? There is 3 of us going out of Club Red Wed noonish and leaving Sat morning.

Was up Thursday-Saturday. Slowest bite I have ever experienced on URL in 13 years. Thursday, five of us planted the wheel house in 13 fow and fished for a few hours with no fish marked on the vex or caught. Moved out to 15 with the portables and fished multiple spots with no fish marked or caught. Moved in to 9 fow and fished the day out......yep....no fish caught or marked. Friday, we ran with the portables most of the day.....no fish marked or caught. Saturday we move the house to the east side and drilled over 100 holes...Not a single fish marked or caught. Five of us threw everything we could think of at them for three days to no avail. We talked to the DNR lady doing the survey...sounds like we were not alone. Still fun but BRUTAL fishing!

Went out of Hillmans on Saturday. We fished 9 miles out in 15 FOW. We started fishing at 10 and fished until 7pm. We caught 7 walleyes and 1 perch. The walleyes were 5-13", 1-15" and 1-16". The perch was 10". The fish would come in every hour almost to the minute. The fish would stay on the Vex until they were caught. Red and orange seemed to be the color of lure with fatheads. We did catch the biggest walleye with a sucker minnow on a tip-up.

Hey Chaff.....we're fishing with Red out of Hillman's too, won't be out until Friday though, staying until Sunday. Ask Pat where he's putting the group from Rochester....Cindy and Teresa....he should get a big smile! If you leave you're number with Pat we'll ring you when Barb, Shel and Char get up there. This is my favorite fishing trip of the hard water season, so looking forward to some fishing, friends, and beer of course!

• The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)