• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a place to go

I'm looking for a lake/lakes and a place to stay on a fishing trip for myself and some friends. We're trying to save a couple of bucks this year for our annual "fishing trip up north". We'll be hauling our own house, but need a place to crash. I've fished a few lakes in the area in the past, but could use some assistance. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, myzee13

where you coming from first. then what do you want for a room and expect? whats your rpute, then i can say my opion to stay.

I think I'd prefer to stay at a resort/cabin. We're bringing 4 adults + my 13 yr old son. Our fish house will be crowded enough while fishing, so a shower, beds, and a kitchen of some sorts would be nice.I guess for 3 days/nights I'm trying to find something around $100 per person or less....maybe I'm wishing, I don't know.I'm sure we could sacrifice comfort if the fishing was good.

I know there are quit a few places to rent up around the Annandale area, good fishing also. Try looking at lake rentals in Hutchinson area on google and see what pops up. This time of year you can get a nice place for half or less then that even compared to summer.good luck

Well this is just my opinion and take it for what its worth to you. I would drive the extra 100 miles and head to Mille Lacs. Save money on the motel and rent a sleeper in the Feb time frame when the jumbo perch are biting. There are also things to do around the lake when not fishing. The other alternative is to save a few more bucks and then head to upper Red lake and rent a sleeper. Its not uncommon to catch 30 eyes/day up there. Trip of a life time.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck, Faner

Hutchinson is not a resort area so it is unlikely to find a cabin unless you want to stay at the Star Motel. They have a sign that says FREE HO. I think the B falls off sometimes.

You could also try the Saint Cloud area, possibly the Horseshoe chain of lakes. The have summer cabins, but unsure in the winter. Lots of good fishing in that area (cats, walleyes, crappies and HUG sunfish).

this is just my 2cents worth but if you want a good time head north way north for $100 a person you will be able to rent a sleeper on several lakes such as upper red lake - Check out "Rogers Resort" on upper red they have a list of oufitters to rent sleepers from and have a chance at some walleye - crappie - perch - northern, you could still bring a portable and move around other lakes are Winnie- Leech - Mille lacs- all have sleepers

Come on up to Lake of the Woods friend! if your going to spend the money to do a trip with a group, book a fishing package with one of the resorts on LOW and let them do the work for you so you can relax! Consider it treating yourself!! Everyone has to treat themselves once in a while and what better place to do it than the Walleye Capitol!!!