• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
payton34

BOOT LAKE

payton34

HAS ANY ONE BEEN OUT THERE THIS YEAR IF SO WHAT IS THE ICE LIKE AND DID YOU CATCH ANY THING

THANKS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Cliff Wagenbach
      Del, No I did not troll the spinners and Raps at the same time. I kept switching rigs just to see what would work. I used a 1-1/2 oz. bell sinker on the 3-way rigs and a 2 oz. bottom bouncer with the spinners. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      Got 8 nice keeps today in 26 to 36 feet of water in Big Bay from 8:30- almost noon , plus one throw back dink . Six keeps on jig n tiny shiner , and two keeps on jig and small leeches. 1/8 oz jigs . The small shiners were trapped by us .. I pretty much fish a jig all summer long . Although I do realize other methods do have there times out there, I just like jigs , and usually always manage fish on them with either a leech , crawler piece , or a minnow ..
    • Tom Sawyer
      Mother Nature sure has had it in for you the past week, she's making you hone your fish catching skills for sure. Good luck the remainder of your stay Jeff.
    • delcecchi
      You didn't troll them at the same time, right?   How much weight were you using?  
    • delcecchi
      The rusties hadn't gotten to wakemup or Norwegian bays yet, but they are through oak narrows and on the march, from what the DNR said last summer.   I've got my trap waiting. I haven't seen anyone have much success fishing walleye on merry go round for years (and that includes me).   It is like the reef bite pretty much vanished some years back.    But who knows, it could come back if we get a couple good year classes of smaller fish.    The area around the little island (two little islands) where the osprey nest was, to the east of goodwill island, used to be good also but hasn't done much last few years.   Maybe this is the year...
    • Parmer
      It may or may not. Everything i have read is the initial surge from starting it up is close to 2600 watts. And after that it runs at 1600.
    • Borch
      I never have.  Waded in when the kids were swimming.  Nice sunfish and I hear a good bass lake.  A person could portage a boat in there if it weren't too heavy.  I've never stayed there but can see people down at the beach when I fish there.
    • Gone Out Fishin
      On Island lake, I typically had luck fishing smallies near Rice Lake Road. Then the chain of islands east of the bridge has a good reef studded with boulders, moderate side rocks, and timber. Depending on the wind those islands can be good for bass or walleye. Use to use creature baits and crawdads to fish thoroughly.   Gone Out Fishin
    • Naturboy
      It’s not totally remote but I found an app for my phone called “all stays” and it has filter settings and you can find small camp sites where your not surrounded by 30’ rigs. So you don’t feel like your camping on a sidewalk in Chicago.  I found the county park ones are nice without driving 4+ hours away. 
    • Getanet
      Thanks Borch - Star Island looks really interesting and Cass is a lake I've always meant to get to, but never have. Have you ever fished Windigo?  I'm assuming the only way to do it would be to fish from shore or carry in a canoe or kayak.  Sure would be interesting to fish on a lake within a lake.