• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
leechmann

Northerns - Warroad

leechmann

Anyone been trying for big slimmers out of Warroad. I was also curious how much snow is up there. Down here in Park Rapids, we have 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ice and the slush is a problem. Is slush a problem up there?

WalleyesWest

Leech

Slush isn't too bad some places there is a little some places there is none. It all depends on how thick the ice is and snow cover. On the west side this year the ice thickness verys from 20-30 inches we had a tarble freeze up this year. As far as the northerns go I would wait till mid march or into april depending on the ice conditions. Most of the big northers don't start to run up the rivers and ditchs till we get some runoff. If u want to get some big pike this time of the year I would go to any of the reefs around warroad (rooties, DNR, South tip, 5mi) and fish for eyes around the edges and put tipups on top of the rocks. with a sucker.

leechmann

Sounds good, thanks

Boar

Hey leech, if your up to LOW mid season an later it pays to put a tip up with a cisco a foot under the ice in deep water, I have seen extreamly large pike cruse right under the ice hole several times, an the biggest one I've seen, it's back was as wide as the hole. Those pike cruse under the ice in populated area of houses an pick up dinks that dont survive, you may think it was healthy when released but alot of times they dont make it an float up to the ice an the pike have learned this. It's worth setting up a tip or two if your with a groupe of guys in this mannor. Later boar

leechmann

Sounds like a great idea. My son and I went up there last year and we caught 2 of them over 40 inches in the same day. We caught maybe 10 or 12 altogether. Thanks for the idea.

Roosterslayer05

Leech- I was just in warroad twice over the last two weeks. Slush is not a problem, but the snow is much too deep to drive off the road. I got one Ike out of springsteel in 18 feet fishing walleye. I would suggest fishing out of springsteel in 10-14 feet with suckers, it seems when I fish walleye out their in 14 feet I always get bit off by big Ike. I dont think you can get out to the weedy area from springsteel's road now, but there is a road out of the estate's.

leechmann

Great, thanks for the information.

leechmann

Anyone have any ice and fishing rteports for the Northern fishing right out in the Warroad River channel?

Thanks You

C. Ford

Leechman, Theres been a few fishing right in the river dont think its as good as the lake thers an awful lot of traffic there and i find when trucks are runnin back and forth the bigger fish seem to take off.

BP2

How is the ice out of Warroad there? I will be bringing a group of kids up there to fish pike. Is it safe to drive or are people taking atv's out there?

Thanks for the info and helping some kids have a safe, fun trip!

EYEYIEYE

lots of ice on the south side yet. Matt bring your extension.