• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit Lakes Fisherman

I got to put license on my fish house, will it be good after April

Detroit Lakes Fisherman

The guy I bought it from said he thought that for $16, I can get the sticker and he thought it would be good both the rest of this year and until April of next year.

Is that how it works?

TheIceFishingKid

It will only be good until this April

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Surface water temperatures range from 65 in the morning reaching low 70s during the late afternoon. 

Minnesota has been best in shallower areas such as the Flag Island Flats (5-9 ft.) Prime time being the evening bite with many nice fish including a 31" beast. Deeper water around Four Blocks and LIttle Oak are providing good action for Walleye/Sauger. Orange has been the top color. Even with the recent Mayfly hatch and plenty of crayfish in fishes bellies, (Walleye, Sauger and Northerns) the fishing is awesome!

Canadian fishing has been the best using bottom bouncers in the mud with gold being the most productive color spinners. Jigging will produce fish around structure with larger Walleye/Sauger coming out of 26+ feet of water. Pike and Muskie action is somewhat concentrated to underwater weeds or occasionally while jigging for walleye.

We hope to see you soon! 
      Sunset Lodge
    • DJ_Slick
      Fishing with my father and my son on Father's Day hasn't happened in a long time...so this was fun.  Helped that the storms stayed south. 1/4-1/2 mile off the border straight out from the gap in 29-ish feet of water jigging worked for us.  Limits of 17+" walleyes by lunch both days, with a handful of slots for good measure.  Hardly any sauger, though.  Jig color rotated, so if something isn't working, change it up.  Black, gold, orange, pink, white, green, chartreuse all produced at one point or another.  Not everyone was catching, and moving 1/4 mile or even a couple hundred feet made a big difference at times. We didn't try it, but heard of spinners and crawlers working up shallow (6-10 feet) along Pine Island. Mayflies are starting to hatch.  Dad saw some floaters on the Rainy on Saturday, and I saw some in town at the gas station when I left Monday morning.
    • DLD24
      Any current reports, crappies still biting? Going to give it a go Friday morning.
    • KidMoe
      Don’t forgot the requirement for non-resident anglers to wear blaze pink any time they’re on the water! 😆 My serious advice would be to visit the nearest bait shop. My experience is that they are always helpful in helping navigate the license requirements AND get you on some fish. 
    • Borch
      Well the weather was a bit rough here until yesterday in Cass Lake.   Lots of storms and unsettled weather.   Still finding walleyes either in 8-12 fow or 17-21 fow during the day.  Leaches or shiners have been catching fish.  At night you'll find walleyes in 4-8 fow and willing to hit various crankbaits in various colors.  Lots of smaller eyes still being caught but nice ones too  
    • Mike89
      ya don't need a cajun, just the seasonings!!!!  and the rest of the fixins of course!!! but it would be fun with the real thing too!!
    • rangerforme
      We just got back from a week primarily fishing the east/south side.  I won't lie it was super tough, we didn't even mark fish for hours some days driving around the humps/shoreline breaks.  Usually its pretty good this time of year but this year it was brutal.  Few days we'd end up with 2 or 3 fish for half a day of fishing.  The tank at camp probably counted 35 walleyes cleaned for the week for 40 anglers.  Few slots but just not biting down that way.  Lots of pike came in and panfish.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Tough bite for decent fish the past few days! Went out by myself this morning and switched tactics again. Trolled spinners/1/2 crawler and #4 gold Shad Raps on a 3-way rig in 24' to 30'. Had my limit of 4, 15" to 16" walleyes and a jumbo in the first hour! Released 5 other smaller walleyes also during the 2-1/2 hours that I was out. Cliff
    • Naturboy
      Went out yesterday for a little while, thought I’d just go close with the kayak given the time slot I had. Just planned on small gills and and bass, ( the normal catch in this place), but 2 18” walleyes supprised me.  A couple of loons were the only company I had while I was there. Lots of gills and bass as I expected just small in size. 
    • Gone Out Fishin
      @Mike89 if I still had my traps I'd do a Crawfish Boil. Need some Cajuns to help me.