• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
steeplechaser2

Salted Minnows???? How To? Do they work?

steeplechaser2

Okay...I thought I was caught up in a wild goose story,something like the infamous URL seals stories, then I found out a bit more. Have any of you ever salted leftover minnows to use at a later time? Does a guy just add salt to the minnow bucket, wait for the minnows to breath it in, then freeze them up? Special salt? Most importantly, how do they taste? JUST KIDDING!!!! Do the salted minnows WORK on walleyes, etc...??? Must a guy jig with the preserved heads, or will a whole one under a deadstick or light bobber presentation work????

If the egg is really on my face and this is a prank, it won't be the first time! If this is real, it might save a few guys a little $$...I often have to dispose of extra minnows before they get frozen to the bottom of my bucket!

metro 1

here is what I posted Sept.10 2004

"I don't freeze bait that often but a friend of mine does all the time.Here is what he does. 2 qts. water with enough salt to float an egg. then put mixture in freezer for a day to get good and cold. put bait in the salt mixture and cover(they splash quite a bit at this point)in seconds the bait is dead .rinse off and freeze in amount that suit you. metro"

and here is the link to the whole thread.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/318241/Re_Frozen_Bait#Post318241