• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

22 hours straigh on Waconia..

So yea this is the official report going off 2 hours sleep in a 48 hour period.

Got out there about 9 pm last night and decided I wanted to pull an all nighter and try some night spots. Started out in 22 feet of water on Reds Reef and not so much as marked a fish. Left...

Drug the portable 5600 behind my jeep with my friend in the back hatch holding the rope, we drove all the wa across the lake with moderatly heavy snow falling and me almost pi$$ing myself laughin at my friend in the back cause hes haning out the hatch with a rope pulling my house and its all over the place. half way there he says "wow this just got wayy heavier" stop get out and one of the hole covers popped off and I had prolly 2 feet of snow packed in there. GGRRR shoveled it out and on our way we go to head for Christopher Quasts house..

Get there and I talk to him on the phone and LEt me tell ya Chris is a GREAT guy. Very generous and for the 2nd time in a week let us stay in his perm house and sleep and fish and he wasnt even there. What a great guy!

caught some very nice 11" crappies that night around 3am, slept 2 hours and caught some nice perch and crappies and some sunfish all morning. then we ventured out to unmarked spots and tried away from the crowd... no luck at all. Finally set up on the west side of lake and got some more nice crappies and nice panfish and the minute the sun set the fish turned off like a light bulb. NOTHING would even nibble no matter what we threw at em. Got to hang out with Buckkiller for a few minutes and MNFishtrapper who happen to DROP HIS PHONE down the hole. OOPPSSS. not to mentuion my scoop found the bottom of the lake as well.

All in all a good 22 hours of challenge and catching fish and we ended up with 15 crappies total 9 to 11" a few decent sunnis and 2 perch worth keeping.

IM GOING TO BED!!!

Holy #@$$&! I can hardly stay awake just thinking about that!!

At least you were rewarded for your effort. I put a full day in on Sat and crashed as soon as soon as I got back and finished dinner. sleep Good report sleepsleepsleep

ole

yeah no problem. HOWEVER some guy in the bait shop got a 17 1/2 crappie weighed at 2 lb 4 oz. That would go RIGHT to the wall.

lol You didn't tell me that mnfishtrapper dropped his phone down the whole... you could've called the fish and asked them to bite. He seemed like a nice guy, is he comimg to our GTG?

hey man give me a call 651-784-7387

Are you referring to me? or buckkiller? if it me than call me at 763-528-3179

YEAH Man he dropped it down the hole!! I wonder how much valuable stuff you could fins scuba diving there in the summer. Wow all the stuff. jewelry, cameras, PHONEs all over im sure and tackle and rods and the possibilites are ENDLESS it was quite the exrordinary couple days out there. Im glad to be moving to bloomington next weekend the drive will be a little shorter at least. I intend on learning prior as well.

Thats the second phone I know of as of this year at the bottom of the lake LOL!!! I know it sucks I've been there before myself. Honda thanks for the compliments anytime man, anytime...

It was fun fishing with ya the other night and I hope we can get more people together for the GTG this coming Sunday, I think it would be fun to have a big cookout on the lake, maybe bring some venny dogs, and I am sure we could get plenty of other goodies together.

Hey Killa, how is the new spot paying off for ya? or did you move again, Me and Tim T's brother Mike fished Pillsbury last night and got some nice fish, but not many

oh I moved it back to where I was... not much happening out in 25 feet yet. Im thinking we could have our GTG where my house is... always plent of fish there.

Thats cool, mine is easy enough to move and that way we will have access to my oven for food too. Are you done with school now?

Way to go, honda! Looks like you are marking some good spots.

BTW, you need some of that green indoor/outdoor carpet in your house so stuff doesn't slide around so much! I don't know if you noticed or if I mentioned it but the battery pack for my finder went down the hole too when I was fishin with you the other night. luckily the rest of the unit didnt and I was able to pull it back out with the power cable.

Hope to see you guys on the 18th.

yeah I finished on Dec. 19, now I need a sales job.

Have the fish been biting where your house is?

Nothing fast and furious, but have been getting some nicer crappies though

Hey Chris - it was great meeting you too the other night.

I'll shoot you an email with my cell number.

Dewey

We drove by Wac on Saturday on our way to a little honey hole, it seems like more and more people are out there every year.

Back in the good ole days not much people were on waconia "before muckies were introduced" and now the bay is like a bowl. thats one scary lake now. but as slow as it is might have to go there tommorow since the snow is getting deep today.

Dang i am old now!!!!

We drove by Wac on Saturday on our way to a little honey hole, it seems like more and more people are out there every year.

I'm guess that so called honeyhole would be either hydes or eagle LOL!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: jhall555

my guess is hydes... eagle is a cr@p hole this year.

Originally Posted By: jhall555

Neither, it's North of Wac. Won't say on here though wink

Thanks! Next time om shooting for 36 hours on ice.... I heard they wana film it for MTV or something haha