• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TMF89

Lake Bemidji Road/Ice Conditions

TMF89

Hey guys, figured maybe we could make an official update thread to kind of let people know what the conditions on the lake are. Any information on current ice roads/ice thickness conditions?

ac777

The roads are pretty good actually, Quite a few plowed open. Where i am at the ice is 14 inches thick.

TMF89

Jeez that's it? Figured it would've been a lot thicker. Lots of snow this winter?

Where are the roads out of? Just the regular accesses? I'm heading out tonight and I'll give a report.

lungdeflator

Ive heard slush just about everywere. A few People on the north end but not as many as there should be this time a year. thin ice up there? seemed like everyone was piled up on the south shore the first couple days of thick ice and then just dispersed around there.

Matt Breuer

My rental's got 16" of ice under it. Not much considering time of year.

North end ice has been iffy, now it's probably okay, but nobody's daring enough to drive a v-plow into the abyss...

TMF89

I was just out and the roads seemed fine for trucks or SUVs, didn't check the ice though.

HOGEYE

I had 14" in front of Reeses Point over 40 FOW on Sunday. I was able to drive off the plowed road with the wheelhouse and Yukon will little difficulty. I onl went fifty yards though. Still pretty iffy out there for thickness. It only takes one exception.

TMF89

We went out today from Paul Bunyan Park, and the ice was HORRIBLE. Tons of snow and slush, worst stuff I've ever been in. The roads were pretty good, with a few parking spots. Fishing was dead, although we were only out for a few hours, nothing on the flashers.

ac777

What time were you fishing?

TMF89

My buddies set up around 4-5, but I got there around 7 I think. Incidentally if anyone who asked a guy to move his green Ford away from there house that night is on here, that was me and I'm sorry about that. I was having a pretty stressful day, and wasn't really thinking. I thought that it was too late for anyone to be coming out (kind of hypocritical), and if I had known the ice was that bad, I definitely wouldn't have parked there in the first place. Again, sorry about that, my bad.

Also if anyone got annoyed by my noisy [PoorWordUsage] auger sorry about that. The thing hasn't ran right since the day I bought it, and I plan on getting a new spark plug, blades, and probably have to change/filter the carb too. Normally I wouldn't have started that late, but I had a lot of things going on that day, from personal issues to my truck needing a jump.

Quackaddict9

don't feel so bad, I do it all the time. When moving to spot to another, I need to drill holes to fish! But now I pre drill an area but sometimes I move further away at night so I drill a few holes. There is not a 10pm noise rule on the lake like in the city is there!? lol