• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
herewallywally

Big pike

herewallywally

Been up for 4 four day weekends now and still cant find the big pike. Anyone wanna share any tips where they hiding?

Random guy

Well our clients found one under our house. 43" released fish that had some serious girth. Once the guys get home they are going to send me the pics.

As for patterns we are seeing the pike activity increasing every day in 8-10 feet of water.

Once I get dried off, warmed up and some food in my belly I m going to type up a fishing report tonight, I will include the latest on on the pike.

steeplechaser2

Try a very small crappie minnow on a very small red frostie....you never know what you'll get....my son has a 43" (23#) URL Red October on the wall that hit this combo....no promises smile

Quackaddict9

Quote:
Try a very small crappie minnow on a very small red frostie

dang! That's what my set up was last Friday and got the first bite then it just made a couple runs and never saw the fish and finally started to bring it up but I think I was a little too quick on it and snapped the line. That is a good set up! grin

DankShow

I was with a group this weekend, and a 40 incher was caught on a tip-up with about a 5-6" shiner on a single shiner hook. We were in about 13 feet of water. The quick-strike rigs produced ZERO flags.. The single shiner hooks seem to work better. Also caught a few large walleyes on this set up as well. The largest being (2) 25 inchers.

berfish

I also agree with DankShow. Single hooks seem to produce more bites than the quickstrike with trebles. Not saying you can't get action with trebels. Shiners work for me on URL too.

Josher

We were out this weekend as well. Had a quickstrike out most of the weekend with a big sucker and nothing. The pike we got were all on our walleye gear. Had three of them, but nothing huge. The biggest was 32 inches.

goingdeep

Use a 11-13 inch spearing decoy on a heavy duty rod and reel. This eliminates all the small northern. When you do get one on this set up take your time let him eat the decoy.... You usually will oick up a bigger one on yis set up...

Mimic Shiner

Last week, lost a pike that broke my quick strike, only to catch the same fish with the treble still in his mouth about a half hour later. Got another different one later on too. Both around 39 inches, both on suckers with quick strikes.

kelly-p

When I checked the houses tonight every house had caught at least one northern. One they said only about 24 inches but everybody else from 36 to 41 inches. All on walleye/crappie rigs, nothing on their tip-ups. The northern bite just seems to be getting better and better. It started 2 weeks ago as far west as we could fish and seems to be moving east fairly fast. Could the Northerns have pulled out of the dirty water from all the wind last fall and moved west across the Line? Now they are working their way back?

winks

I was one of the "clients" that Jonny is referring to. We caught 3 northerns, 34", 38", and 43" this weekend all on small jigs with fatheads.

lucas

I was up there two weekends ago and cought a 34 1/2 inch pike on a realy small shinner and a glow green demon. We were fishing in 9 feet of water. Cought it on 8lb test 1 foot off the bottem

Random guy

Oh ya Mr Wickhem, nice fish my man

img0758de6.jpg

Today I personaly helped land a 41 and two at the forty mark...of course nobody helped me with my 12" monster pike that tangeled both my lines together. blush

Jesse Drummer

good gosh! that's y i don't want any kids swimming in any water with pike in it ! the head on that thing is massive!

Random guy

...and the head is away from the camera!

GoFish4

THAT fish is the perfect argument for 10" holes!!

Jesse Drummer

jonny p , do you think that pike was "past prime" size or still growing? i have seen some fish with the same body build as that pike and i have arguments for both sides. i was just kerious what you thought?

liddown

Here is another shot of his head.... 4lb p-line and a small pink Genz Worm.... Thanks winks for the help at the hole!

BigFish.jpg

toughguy

I can't tell who's head is bigger!!! The guys or the gators?

Zemp

Man that's a beauty!!!

Will be fishing URL Sunday through Wednesday,was already excited about the walleye bite, but now have seen enough big pike posts to be REALLY fired up. What has the catch rate been like with the pike? Is it 1 or 2 a day, or more often than that?

Whisker Warrior

Man thats a Beast! I leave for URL out of Rogers in 7 days!!! It will be my first time and these reports and pics of the huge pike and walleye bite have got me pumped up laugh

kevfish1

Caught this big pike new years day out of hillmans. Caught on a Thorne brothers power noodle with 4 lb P-line and a small walleye jig. The fish measured 44"

redlake0809084.jpg

winks

In Kelly's house where the 43 incher was caught, the pike action took place 2 out of 3 mornings right around 9:00-10:00. The first morning, there were 2 separate pike attacks but only 1 pike made it up the hole, who knows it may have been the same fish twice but the one that came up the hole didn't have any extra hooks in its mouth. The 2nd morning produced the 43 incher and a 34 inch fish within 30 minutes of each other. The walleye bite was pretty non-existent every morning; hard to stop and eat when you're swimming for your life!