• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tanman

called in my first! finally! (pic)

tanman

so my uncle called me up friday night asking to go and call a bit so i loaded up the truck and headded to meet him the first set we were laying in a hayfield overlooking a tall grassy field with woods to the left (40 yds) and pasture to the right( my uncle is on my right)

after twenty or so mins of calling for about twenty mins he came cruisin out of the woods and stoped at twenty yards... that was the end of him... dont know if i have ever been so happy... other than first deer...

myfirstyote.jpg

tedl

Nice! You could make a nice warm hat for ice fishing now.

kr8r.tom

nice one, looks big! use a distress call or howl? hand call or electronic?

Gordie

congrats tanman, sweet pic

picksbigwagon

Awesome, I was down in SE MN over the weekend, but family commitments prohibited me from heading out calling. After seeing the moon Saturday night, I am glad someone was out. Nice job on that first coyote. Looks like a big one too....

Is that your own artwork on the rifle stock? If so, that is very impressive

tanman

open reed rabbit call... yup thats my version of snow camo... he is at the tax. now gettin tanned

fishermusk

Since you are getting it tanned I would assume it wasn't rubbed? I got one friday night aswell and the mane was rubbed a bit. I thought it was a bit early for that.

kr8r.tom

it's alot more rewarding calling them in with a mouth call,you did it all on your own.

Tim_Anderson

Nice job, and good to see that someone is having some success.

I gave it a try last night. Got a couple of sets in before the clouds rolled in. First set (what are the odds) I had some guys pull up and start doing brodies on the nearest road. Second set, a herd of horses ran to the fence behind me, running back and forth, and neighing/snorting the whole time. Guess it just wasn't my night! By then, it was midnight, and too dark to shoot with anything but a shotgun. Gotta keep trying. Like to get a nice fur like you before it's all over.

harvey lee

Awesome job. now your hooked chasing dogs. Nice yote.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• KeithNyst
    • HookedUp
      Definately made by JB lures but I have not seen them in a long time.  Check on their website and if they have a contact link send them a picture and see if they can help you out.
    • eyeguy 54
    • side_laker
      Thinking about heading to vermilion tomorrow morning. Does anyone have  any new reports 
    • gimruis
      I’m surprised no one has said Lake Minnetonka yet. Ron Schara’s annual crappie contest always yields some enormous crappies in early May. Last year the winner was a 16.5 incher.
    • Chill62
      Anyone else tired of the cold yet because I sure am!!!  Friday night got down to the cabin l went out and got holes drilled and heater running. Fished an hour between 9 and 10 we landed 3 or 4 crappies, they were either 8 inches or 13 inches. Fished Saturday morning didn't catch a thing. Moved house and started fishing for evening bite and landed about a dozen crappies and we found them either small or huge no middle ground. Sunday morning no fish. Sunday evening landed 8 and they were 10 inches or over 13 again. During then later hours ended up a 21 inch eye on a rattle reel.    Crappies wanted glow jigs in 4 mm or 3 mm tipped with soft plastics with wax worms. Few did end up taking large crappie minnows. Had mixed bag of minnows and shiners, rainbows and fat heads never got bit. Weird.      Hearing good reports of panfish being very active especially if you stay mobile. Guys fishing shallow are finding fish in the weeds.  Also hearing the elusive winter bass are starting to put the feed bags on. They are cruising the edges of weeds. Haven't heard any reports of walleye even with the full moon we just had.      Attached are two different fish from the weekend put back into the lakes. 
    • Chill62
      Anyone else tired of the cold yet because I sure am!!!  Friday night got down to the cabin l went out and got holes drilled and heater running. Fished an hour between 9 and 10 we landed 3 or 4 crappies, they were either 8 inches or 13 inches. Fished Saturday morning didn't catch a thing. Moved house and started fishing for evening bite and landed about a dozen crappies and we found them either small or huge no middle ground. Sunday morning no fish. Sunday evening landed 8 and they were 10 inches or over 13 again. During then later hours ended up a 21 inch eye on a rattle reel.    Crappies wanted glow jigs in 4 mm or 3 mm tipped with soft plastics with wax worms. Few did end up taking large crappie minnows. Had mixed bag of minnows and shiners, rainbows and fat heads never got bit. Weird.    Hearing good reports of panfish being very active especially if you stay mobile. Guys fishing shallow are finding fish in the weeds.  Also hearing the elusive winter bass are starting to put the feed bags on. They are cruising the edges of weeds. Haven't heard any reports of walleye even with the full moon we just had.    Attached are two different fish from the weekend put back into the lakes. 
    • Ten point
      We didn't have a problem catching them on fatheads today out of long point in 32ft saugers and walleyes with several slot fish up to 25 inches and nice saugers
    • leech~~
      Can I be one of your kids?  I need a good Trout day!  😄
    • Randy  Kato