• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
south_metro_fish

prior lake

south_metro_fish

I am new to the forum and i have lived around prior lake for 15 years and this year decided to start ice fishing locally. I have been out on prior at least 10 times this year last the couple of weeks out by the winter access but this last week i have not been out much and the fishing was slowing down in that area the last couple of times I had been out. I was wondering how the fishing has been lately and where people go as the winter progresses because i have heard people move down the lake. I was also wondering if there are any other lakes in the area that i could get good action with panfish. I am not looking for action with tiny fish though.

this is a great forum with good information thanks to all

south_metro_fish

Planing to hit prior tomorrow with my dad and i have not taken my dad out on prior yet so i don't want to get skunked.

barberwm

Try Fish lake 3 miles away from you or O'dowds south of shakopee.

Joe28

Prior Lake = ZOO. Is it really necessary for everybody to drive 30 mph on the ice?

south_metro_fish

So whats up with the red gunk on fish lake is it toxic or what and where did it come from i would want to know a little more about the red gunk before i fish it. Lake sounds good but sounds really nasty.

south_metro_fish

I was just out on prior tonight and they sure are not biting very good i don't know what slowed them down so much.

Joe28

I was just out on prior tonight and they sure are not biting very good i don't know what slowed them down so much.

Could it be the insane amount of traffic...?

south_metro_fish

ya that could have been a little of it but they just did not want to bite i think its something more like the weather or something.

wastewaterguru

I spent a couple hours running around on the snowmobile checking in with several groups of fisherman yesterday. I saw a couple small pike caught off of rocky points on tip-ups. Most of the anglers I talked to were after panfish and the results were not very encouraging. It definately seemed that the fisherman that were out of the traffic lanes and busy areas were doing significantly better than those hanging out in the high population areas.

south_metro_fish

wastewaterguru i would like to talk to you about some of what you know about prior lake you should email me at [email protected]