• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Tom7227

What did I do wrong?

Tom7227

I am a novice at predator hunting but went out and gave it a try tonight.

I got a Johnny Stewart digital. The first set up was up in the hay mow of a barn overlooking a pretty open 30. I ran through 3 calls on the box and used a dying rabbit mouth call. The second set was about 1/4 mile from the first and we set up in a snowfence blind and called. Very shortly after I called the first time 2 trail cameras about 75-100 yards east went off and I thought I had something moving fast our way. I called 3-4 more times over 15 minutes or so and nothing showed up.

Did I call too much, too many varieties of calls?

Over the past couple of weeks 2 large coyotes and a red fox have shown up on the cameras so I know something is in the neighborhood.

We had a good time but it would be nice to know a bit more about it. Books and magazines and FM can only get you so far.

Thanks for anything you can point out.

Tom

kr8r.tom

i don't know what you did so called wrong but given the info what i may have done would be, since the cameras tipped you off, and lets assume one is responding and closing in at 75-100yds, use your eyes and call more subtle,squeak or be silent,let him show himself out of his curiosity. they're all learning experiences. he also could have winded you.

fishermusk

Maybe you didn't do anything wrong, maybe the camera flash spooked them.

kr8r.tom

check the camera and post the picture