• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This weekend I was privaleged enough to spend alot of time with family and friends, along with fellow F.M.er's and there family and friends, on the ice.

My hunt started on a good "power hour" crappie bite on a gradual break in 16fow. Although this bite was short lived the fish where very active and where all good sized. These fish where eager to eat firetiger diamond jigs with minnow heads and blue shrimpo's with either waxies or minnow head's. These fish where coming in any where from right on the bottom up to 10 fow. The where liking the lure slowly raised above them along with an occasional very subtle jig.

DSC02930.jpg

Me with a nice slab.

Although that bite was good it was too short lived for the upcoming weekend with Whisker Trout Slayer and his wife ("the purple mitten") on the way up from Iowa to fish the day with my wife and I. So the search begin. I turned to my fellow F.M.er's, and although I was lucky enough to not have to hit any of your tips the response was great and I thank all of you for your input. A couple phone calls to friends that had been searching area lake's with little sucess and we where left scratching our heads. So I made a decision to try something a little differant and look to the shallow water weeds. And boy am I glad we did. It wasn't 2 minutes into setting up over 5fow and my brother-in-law and I where into a great sight fishing bite. These fish where eating anything and everything we where throwing at them (except for jigging raps unfortunatly). At times we could see nothing but gill's, crappies and perch below us. Alot of these fish would hit right under the ice!! Although some sorting was necessary it was no time and we had a nice meal of 8 inch gill's and 10+ inch crappies for my brother-in law to take home. Plus a decent perch or 2. Wanting to keep this bite going for the next day we quickly packed up and made some phone calls to tell everyone where to meet today.

We arrived at the spot this morning and where met off and on by some fellow f.mer's along with some friends and family. Everyone was able to get into some of the action and WTS was able to go home with a good supply of fresh s.c. Minnesota panfish for the fryer. I think this may have even been his wife's first fish caught thtough the ice. Mrs. PDOGG(pirateeye) and I had a blast fishing with all of you and I hope you all enjoyed it as well! Once agian thanks to everyone involved and to everyone that gave me some advice! I have some pics to post but my computer is acting up so I will have to try tomorrow!

cannonpictures1681.jpg

Mrs. PDOGG with some beauties.

P.S. if you ever need anyone to catch some bait for you get a hold of WTS! I have never seen somebody be able to finnese fish under 4" like he does. grin

Shanesmonster.jpg

WTS and his finesse fish!

Nice report. Now you have me scratching my head. 5 fow? Have not even made on the ice at this point, but maybe tomorrow. This report will make me think before I head out.

Well, from the bald spot appearing on the top of my head I think I've been scratching my head too much also. Anyway, nice report PDOGG. By the way, were you on the side of the lake that the sun rises from?

To be precise those few bluegills were exactly 3" and it takes skill to catch them. Isn't it about quanity rather than quality? I was catching 3 fish to their one!! Don't worry there are a ton more fish in the lake that we didn't catch, it won't get fished out so you won't have to worry about that.

Also just want to say thanks to Mike as myself and my wife soon to be FM newbie "Purple Mitten" had a blast and talked about it the whole way home. And no she is diehard Bears fan in case if you are wondering about the user name. This is another reason why this site is so great, we met another young family that shares the same interests as my family and will be planning many fishing trips and camping vacations in the future. Plus I think his wife will also be joining FM as "Pirate Eye"!!

I think this is where TO says "Minnesota Nice"!!!

Well done. Perhaps I should switch gears and fish for pannies already; Nah!

The way it sounds you don't ever get out to fish this year! lol where is all of otters reports?

i was told otter posts atleast a report when he "does good fishing" he was posting a ton last spring wasn't he? i think otter is one of the more vocal ones here. but never leaks too much info, if ya know what i mean.

I love starting rumors - LOL.

I always know where to fish, I just listen for his outboard running....

mongo, how do you hear it ? its a yammy 4 stroke Ha! lol. usually he has it dialed so far down he doesn't hardly hear it.

i was told otter posts atleast a report when he "does good fishing" he was posting a ton last spring wasn't he? i think otter is one of the more vocal ones here. but never leaks too much info, if ya know what i mean.

Sad to say, I just don't have the time anymore to get into as many detailed reports as I once did. A full-time job, guide business, Arctic Armor and family is taking up all of my time. Besides, there are plenty of fishing reports produced by other users that we are able to add onto.

Yes, I've been fishing; shouldn't have to even say that. There was a good walleye bite in December just south of Le Sueur that went virtually untouched and most of my time lately has been to the East.

Originally Posted By: Jesse Drummer

lately has been to the East.

nice, what direcion is pool 4 from lesuer? jk

Sad to say, I just don't have the time anymore to get into as many detailed reports as I once did. A full-time job, guide business, Arctic Armor and family is taking up all of my time. Besides, there are plenty of fishing reports produced by other users that we are able to add onto.

Huh? The guy averages probably 8 or 9 POSTS a day, but he doesn't have time to post a report? That doesn't even take into consideration the time spent reading the forums. smirk

Originally Posted By: Team Otter

lately has been to the East.

nice, what direcion is pool 4 from lesuer? jk

East.

Originally Posted By: Team Otter

Huh? The guy averages probably 8 or 9 POSTS a day, but he doesn't have time to post a report? That doesn't even take into consideration the time spent reading the forums. smirk

Easy for you to say.

Too dam cold out to be putting windows in anyways today.

So you went fishing...

If it's a detailed report you're all looking for, have a look at FM's home page and click on the "Minnesota Fishing Reports" link.