• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Capt. Russ

We spent a few hours on Vermillion yesterday. Although the drifted snow might make cross lake travel difficult without a sled, there's plenty of access around the lake by plowed roads.

We chose a road near Ely island and proceeded to drill holes for our portable shack and was surprised that we were drilling down to near the motor housing. Thre was approximately thirty inches of ice! Next time out we'll have to put the auger extension on. While the walleyes eluded us on the twenty-two foot break, we did manage to pick up a good number of whitefish destined for the smoker.

ErikL

I caught a bunch of whitefish last winter out there, over 20. I was gonna do the same thing. I brought them home and cut the fillets off and put them in a tupperware in the fridge. I was planning on brineing them the next day. Took them out in the morning and they had all these little white worms crawling all over coming out of the meat. I know its just extra protien but kinda gross. I've never seen anything but those little grubs in the panfish and perch out there. I don't know what these were?

Casey Sunsdahl

I think you guys are catching tulibee's if they are in fact witefish I would love to know where you got them!

shamrock7

I found a spot yesterday that didn't have enough ice to hold up the truck. Granted, it was close to shore and a mucky bottom, the fact remains, ice is never safe. Luckily, it was only one front tire that broke through.

ErikL

Ya they were tullibees...nice size ones. I'd be willing to trade a nice tullibee spot for a crappie hole grin

shamrock7

If you have tulibee, there is probably a pretty good chance that if there are any crappie in the area, they will be there also at some point in time.

upnorth

Fun to catch but they stink everything up worse than snot rockets sick

Casey Sunsdahl

Those crappies might cost you a few bucks give me a call after Walleye season.

grousehunter

caught some tulibee out there tonight..only one small eye though. Had a lot more lookers, but couldn't find the right lure/presentation to make them biters. Ice was probably around 25 inches and I stayed on the roads so it was slush free grin

ErikL

Those crappies might cost you a few bucks give me a call after Walleye season.

Will do! wonder if the slush will be gone by then?

Casey Sunsdahl

i hope so!