• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crystal Lake (Dakota Co.)

Met up with FnP today at noon and did some fishing

Started off by the fishing dock, but it was a zoo so we moved. We fished in about 22ft of water and hammered the crappies. The bite started around 330-4 on both euro and minnows. Nothing big but we had a lot of fun

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrfish1991

• MnMike58

• ZachT

• JOHN T jr.

Went out thismorning and only managed to catch small sunnies and one small crappie. The crappie bite usually starts around 330-400 in about 22 fow

Yup i drove my S10 out there today and there were plenty of full sized rigs out here too...4wd is almost a must

I got stuck fo about half an hour today and all i had to dig myself out with was a chisel and my hands

I would say the ice is a good 17" but there is a crack running down the road comng off the boat launch and it looked like ther was a little water that had seeped through so be careful wih that

Mrfish if you get stuck again and see a black f150 4x4 reg cab that might be me. I keep 2 big logging chains in the cab, I will pull you out.

I am heading out to crystal and should be there about 1:45 if you see a black truck and black dog (bailey) stop by and say hi.

sorry MNmike...didnt make it out today on account of that stupid stuff they like to call "home work"

you wouldnt happen to be in a red perm would you?

Mrfish you didn't miss much, no flags and only a few crappies.

I was either in my truck or standing out on the ice, but was near a metal perm house.

Some one did stop and say hi, our friendly DNR officer.

The DNR officer did have a tip witch I may act on tomarrow. Sorry can't share everything here.

Are there ever any crappies of decent size caught from here or am i better off trying to find them in Marion?

There alot of small crappies in crystal, give it a couple years.

I never fished marion, any size to the crappies there.

Crappies are one of the best eating fish.

my friend said he got three 11" crappies out of crystal on monday

didnt tell me the location...but i believe him, you do have to sort through a lot of smaller ones though

we fished in 25 ft of water, caught 3 nice 10-11 inchers, and alot of small ones but [PoorWordUsage] it was fun, bite started at 330-4 and went till 730 then shut off! prob heading out there friday at like 330 again. if you see a red ranger and a frabil shack stop in.. later

That sounds like a good time, ill check if i work friday and if im off u bet ur butt i'll be out there...

Would u mind maybe drilling me a hole or two? Because my hand auger is junk and im waiting for the end of the season clearance to buy a new one. If u would do that for me it would be awsome

Were u hinking about fishing the boat launch side of the lake or the island side?

I ended up going back to Crystal today. No flags and the crappies were slow.

I did however have the honor meet someone from this board on the ice, johntjr. I am Gald I had the chance to meet you.

We exchanged fishing tips a few spots.

Hopefully the fishing is good tomorrow and saturday because im planning on going out

If you see a guy in a clam jr. and a red chevy s10 feel free to come and say hi

Will do, I don't think I will make it out ice fishing again till early next week. I have a black F150 standard cab

john....the bite usually really starts between 330 and 4 and cuts off at 730 or so

if you would like to go fishing tomorrow i would be more than happy to have you in my house

John T I left at 5:35. The rest of the day was slow, I only took home 3 crappies including the one that didnt/coulnt swim down the hole. John T jr it was great to finally meet someone from this board out fishing.

Mr fish I think the next time I will be on the ice maybe sunday/monday with my son, or wends with my karate instructor. If I go out either times I am not sure what lake I will go to. I may give Holland a try.

mrfish1991....THANKS FOR THE INVITE. I AN TIED UP FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. WON'T BE ABLE TO HIT ANY ICE UNTIL MID WEEK...GOOD LUCK.. ><)))*>

No i went out to prior insted and got the bog 'ol goose egg...i would go out tomorrow but i have to do scholarship stuff

Im heading out to crystal right now and am looking for a fishing partner...i will be fishing out of a clam jr with a red s10 parked by it.

Please feel free to knock

I will be fishing by the red perm on the boatlaunch side of the lake.

Mrfish let me know how you did today. I ate the crappies I caught last week for lunch today, omg were they good.

I don't think I will get out till wensday. I may go to Holland or crystal, havent decided yet.

Fishing was very slow. Caught a perch, a sunny, and a few crappies the largest being 9". Wasnt quite in the exact spot that i usually fish in so that could have done it. I think the front still has shut down the fishing. Woulda stayed longer if i has remembered the lantern

I am thinking about heading out to either Holland or crystal tomarrow around noon. Anyone going to either? Any thoughts or sugestions?