• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chad Luebker

Hello -

I have a fish house made by King Crow and I am looking to purchase a generator. However, the fish house has 2 plugins on the outside. One is for 12V and the other is for 110V. Both outlets are females(ends). So when you want to hook it up to a generator how does everyone do that? The generators have a female end also and the extension cord obviously only has one male end. I should maybe contact King Crow because if they make that 12V outlet standard you think they must have a cord? So? Do they make generators that have male ends or what does everyone do? Thanks for your help.

Chad

lunker-1967

For connection of generator to house---- the cheapest option is to just cut off the female end of the extension cord and replace with a male end. But, this is what I did with the same issue so I did not ruin the whole 50' extension cord. I made my own male to male cord by going to the local harware store (very similar to Runnings) and bought 3' of 12 guage power cord, they sell it by the foot off a roll. Then bought 2 male cord ends, put the ends on the cord and it was ready for use between the house and extension cord. Total cost--$5 to $10 give or take.

Sounds like Lunker has the best bet for you. The only other thing you could do is replace the outlet on the outside of your house to a male outlet. I wonder why King Crow hasn't figured that out yet...A Honda EU2000 would be your best bet for a generator. If you only use your generator for charging your batteries and watching TV, you could get away with a Honda EU1000. But if you use any small appliances, (coffee maker, microwave, griddle) it will probably kick out...just break down, spend the $950 and buy yourself the Honda EU2000...I did a ton of research when I bought mine and nothing compares to it.

Hope this helps!

Chad

Roughneck19SC

When you use your Honda Generator (by far the easiest to listen to if I am your neighbor on the ice) please, please, please, put a piece of carpet in the box or tailgate of your truck and put the generator there instead of on the ice.

I have had this affect the fishing on Red Lake so I find it hard to believe it will not affect "normal" fishing on the "southern" lakes as well. Especially when fishing in 15-20 ft. (or less) of water.

I'm just sayin.......

I already do that roughneck...Sometimes I will rough it in my house and not run the generator at all...That sucks! Boy we (I) have it rough these days don't we (I)...We (I) complain about not being able to watch Satellite TV while out on the middle of a frozen lake!

Chad...aka...roughin it.

Chad are you sure that one of those two plugins is for 110v. I to have a king crow and it had plugins but they where only for 12v. I had to wire in 110v. Maybe they do put it in factory now but I looked at there we site and nothing is said about 110v in there houses just 12v. But I would assume you know what youv'e got just making sure.

Chad Luebker

Hi Walleye,

I am sure because the guy I bought it from wired it himself for 110V. Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

Chad

I see that is what I did to. I didnt think they came from factory wired I'm not sure why maybe some type of liability issue. As for the gen. go for the honda 2000!!

Chad Luebker

Would LOVE the Honda 2000 but I don't know if I can afford it. You can buy a generator at Northern Tool for $250 - So I could buy almost 4 of those generators for the price of a Honda....

yeah but how much more gas are you going to go though the honda runs all night on a gallon. So of those cheap ones are loud and only get 3-6 hours per gallon.

call Beisswenger's in New Brighton. They advertise on a different minnesota fishing site and they have had some very fair deals.

MinnetonkaMan

Find a ad from anywhere and bring it to Gander Mountain. They'll match it and if you take the credit card out you get the ten percent discount plus with a little more purchases on the card you'll get a twenty five dollar voucher for in store purchases. I know this because we did this about a year ago. Get the Honda 2000 it is really quiet and is very fuel efficent. I got my ad in the Outdoor News!