• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BD110

Rice lake Ice and Travel conditions? Any info???

BD110

Has anyone been out on Rice lake as of late. It looks like the dammaged area is healing up well. Any word on the lake as far as slush or other bad spots to look out for?

Gritsnham,

I sent you an e-mail with my cell number. Wonering if you made it out on Rice yesterday or did you head to Fish lake?

Any info anyone would like to share would be great.

gazer

I was on Rice on thursday with my wheeler, there is a road again, and there are people driving out there. I did hit some slush but it wasnt bad enough to get me stuck. good luck

gritsnham

Hey Bd,

We did end up going to rice lake and drove out there was also a truck out there. The road gets sketchy shortly after the first island and I did not want to drive over some of the frozen slush pockets to got farther. The truck I talked to didnt try to get any farther either. Caught some decent sized northerns by the first island but slo other than that. Good luck out there but watch out for the slush spots some could be bad.

Northlander

I was up at Rice today and there is a nice road plowed about 40 yards away from the old road that the struck fell in. Looked like trucks out to 1st island and some sleds and wheelers beyond that.

BD110

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not sure if it's still my plan to hit Rice on Sunday or not. I'll have to see what the morning brings.

gardn184

I'd try to stay on the beaten path out there, I had to go out the other night and help my buddy pull his wheeler out of a slush pocket that was about mid thigh deep. He found a couple of them with the wheeler on his way to his permanent. Would have been a chore if it had been a truck instead of a wheeler

andrew chadwick

I'd try to stay on the beaten path out there, I had to go out the other night and help my buddy pull his wheeler out of a slush pocket that was about mid thigh deep. He found a couple of them with the wheeler on his way to his permanent. Would have been a chore if it had been a truck instead of a wheeler

wow, thats incredible. And I thought 8 inches of slush was bad. I hear there is some cold weather coming, hopefully that clears things up.

gardn184

hopefully that was utterly insane

BD110

I was out on Rice lake this afternoon. I was not happy with the conditions that I found to say the least. My 4-wheeler will not be making a trip out that way again anytime soon. Not only is there tons of slush water can be found just about any direction you travel. Even with the bitter cold that is going to show up I'm not sure that will be the ticket with Rice lake being trashed the way it is. Only time will tell.

gritsnham

Yea I would say to travel away from the road a sled is the ONLY option unless you can drag like superman. O well I feel like im wasting fishing time out on rice usually so now I have a reason to stay away.

Careful traveing out there