• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was WBL stocked heavily lately?

I most certainly could be incorrect, but stocking doesn't strike me as something that would be done in the middle of winter. confused

WBL gets stocked alot period. Their is a rumor it got stocked with a lot of walleyes recently because the governor's fishing opener is out there this year. I dont know if I buy into that.

Muskies Inc tossed a couple hundred muskies in there in the fall. But that is the last stocking that I know of happening. Like others said, it is kinda hard to stock a lake in the winter.

I heard same rumor. One would think they would stock it a couple years in advance for that. I was out last weekend and caught 4 walleyes, but combined I bet they would have had a tough time making 16". I can't believe they would want the gov. to catch 4" walleyes.

I've seen the DNR stocking in winter. They just drill a couple holes and start pouring the buckets in.

If the DNR website is true the last stocking was 2005... But if they added a bunch this past fall. Who knows.. I have not beeen on the lake..

Was out there with a buddy about a month ago and got about a dozen or more walleyes. Only a couple were keeper material.

Maybe all the little walleyes are feed for the big muskies??? j/k you muskie guys out there!

The last stocking report was from 2007, and here is what was included:

35 adult muskies weighing 145 lbs

11 fingerling muskies weighing 7 lbs

65 adult walleyes weighing 109 lbs

21,488 fingerling walleyes weighing 1475 lbs

2,935 yearling walleyes weighing 1118 lbs

I couldn't find any 2008 stocking reports. On the DNR page you can put in county, select a year, and see any stocking reports for lakes that received fish. Here's the link:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html

Is the muskie fishing any good out there? Couple guys i know said that all they can get is follow ups because of all the pressure. True?