• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott K

09 MN Twins

Scott K

I just wanted to start a thread seperate from the CP thread, to leave that thread to the honor and rememberence of Carl Pohlad.

I know everyone hopes now that Carl is out of the picture that the Twins will open the check book more, but in all honesty he really want running the Twins for the last few years anyway!

Does anyone think it will get better? Or do you think it will get worse? Will Pohlads now sell the team? Whats your thoughts?

pinkfloyd4ever

Sweet, I think this is the first time I have ever been first to respond.

I think more of the same, my mom and dad could pinch a penny, make a turnip bleed, and on and on, guess what I am the same way.

I hope I get suprised, but like you said, the kids were basically running the team already and there hasn't been much of a change.

pinkfloyd4ever

I just checked MLB dot com to see if the twins have signed Manny or anything, nothing, the Bo-Sox are going crazy signing FA's and we are still doing nothing.

Watch out for Cleveland this year

jigging-matt

I think it might get a little better. I think there is a fine line between throwing tons of money at players and doind it the "Twins way". I don't think we need to throw money at every high priced player out there, but picking up a good free agent, and signing some of our key players might be a little easier (hopefully).

pinkfloyd4ever

I can't believe were not all buzzin with the report that Jason Kubel inked a new 2 year deal! Please note the attempt at sarcasm

Scott K

I honestly think it was a good sign for the Twins, and I am glad they signed him for a few more years. He has played hurt for a few years and last year he showed us a look at what he really has. If we put a bat in his hands the whole year, I am sure he will lead the Twins in HR this year! I was going to post this when it was released yesterday, but I forgot.

Big River

im guessing or should i say hoping, that there going to open up the pocket book next year with the new stadium.

Brian H

im guessing or should i say hoping, that there going to open up the pocket book next year with the new stadium.

Papa's gone but that don't mean the boys will change things.

Juneau4

No comments on here about Mauer and his health problems?

Quackaddict9

mauer will be ready to play.

Juneau4

He can play, but how healthy! At catching.

Scott K

What do you guys think of the Twins possibly picking up Joe Crede for 3rd?

I think they could get him on the cheap, its one of those high risk, high reward deals, but I would like to see him on third for the Twins. Sign him to a one year deal, if he doesnt work out we arent out much, but if it does he can add a powerfull bat on 3rd.

pinkfloyd4ever

Not to sound like Sid, but I've been on record for Buscher, that said why not try and sign him. Geez, do something, Kubel does nothing for me, ya he has power, but overall not the guy you want to see up down by one, one out, runner on 1st.

greebs

now that football is for the most part done, can't wait for baseball. I'm really hopeful that they can pick up somebody else to play 3b but am doubtful that will be the case. Gardy has said that he's happy with the current roster so read that to mean that he's been told by the higher ups that new players aren't likely. I have to remind myself that the owners are running a business here and their goal is to make as much profit as possible. Winning a world series I'm sure would be nice for them but that could actually hurt their profits in the long run with higher salaries so it's probably smart on their behalf as businessmen to have a team that keeps the fans interested most of the season but doesn't necessarily have to win any playoff series.

I'm hopeful that the current roster can compete in the central and contend provided the indians don't play up to their full potential. Thankfully we aren't in the east where we'd be likely fighting toronto for 4th place or the west where we'd be 2nd best but likely 10 games out. If everybody stays healthy and performs up to or above what they are capable of, they've got a shot of getting a first round playoff series.

norwall

I hope they go back to Cuddy at 3rd n span in lf gomez center and Younf in right

pinkfloyd4ever

Over the w/e either on the radio home of the twins or the neighbor, they had Billy Smith and Gardy on, must have been the radio home, both said its Buscher and the other guy, Harris?, platooning at 3rd.

Willy

Idiots. I truly hope Bill Smith gets blasted to the extent that he should this year. The guy has done nothing to make us better. In fact, he has made us worse. They won last year in spite of him.

Gardy just has to be [PoorWordUsage] knowing that all it take is about 10 mill on a couple guys and he could be a WS contender. I would not keep on managing the Twins if I were him. He can get about any major league job he wanted.

Keep wasting your real players Twins FO. You wasted Torii and Johan, now you will waste Mauer and Morneau. I'm done spending any money on games, merchandice, etc if they don't sign or trade for a REAL 3rd baseman. Those 2 that platoon are bit players at best and we all know it.

I'll bet they buried Carl with half his fortune. That is the only way it makes sense that the Twins have not addressed the 2 most glaring needs we have(BP and 3rd). when we are WAY under budget this year and were last year. I'll bet the Twins had record profits last year with the sorry arsed payroll they had.

IDIOTS!!!

Brian H

now that football is for the most part done, can't wait for baseball. I'm really hopeful that they can pick up somebody else to play 3b but am doubtful that will be the case. Gardy has said that he's happy with the current roster so read that to mean that he's been told by the higher ups that new players aren't likely. I have to remind myself that the owners are running a business here and their goal is to make as much profit as possible. Winning a world series I'm sure would be nice for them but that could actually hurt their profits in the long run with higher salaries so it's probably smart on their behalf as businessmen to have a team that keeps the fans interested most of the season but doesn't necessarily have to win any playoff series.

************************************************************************************************

Nothing could put more money into the Polhad coffers then a world series appearance this year! Can you imagine how much the PSL would be? Not to mention how much more the tickets would go up going into the new stadium.

Speaking of which..........I know they are pushing '09 season tickets hard to get you lined up for season tickets in the new stadium. Has anybody seen a price schedule for the new stadium?