• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bowhunter Education Class

DonBo

Chilakoot Bowhunters near Somerset Wisc. will be hosting a one-day Bowhunter Ed Class Saturday, February 21st.

This is one of just a few one-day classes offered. It will fill out quickly.

club name .org for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife thinking of getting into bowhunting. What do they teach you at these classes? I'm pretty sure my wife has to get her firearms safty certificate to bow hunt but she has no intentions on shooting a gun says there to loud and she'll stick to the bow. Wondering if this class takes care of it.

She still needs the gun safety. This class does go over lots of good topics related to bowhunting from safety to scents to equipment to set-ups, etc. It is not a required coarse to bowhunt in Minnesota, though it is required in several other states. (So. Dakota, Montana, Colorado are some)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
She still needs the gun safety.
DonBo, I would like to know where it clearly defines in the MNDNR rule book that you need firearms safety to go bowhunting.

DonBo you guys ever come north with the classes?

Sorry, Im only involved in this one and maybe two others during the summer at a local Buckhorn Camp for kids.

We did have some attend this one yesterday from Duluth.

Originally Posted By: deerhunter
You can find it on page 36 in the 2008 regulations book

That's where you are wrong,check out the parts I boxed

HuntingRegs-1.jpg

I'm not absolutely sure, but directly underneith the box you marked, in the Big Game/Archery column, it says "required".

The #2 area you marked is for 16 & 17 year olds only, and I don't believe it pertains to big game.

You'd better check before you try to get her a license this fall and find out you can't.

No, the 18 years and older also has a (2) next to it, and the box under it is for "license requirements" as listed on the top of the page.

I know for a fact you don't need it to hunt archery as I have witnessed people do it and it's perfectly legal.

--Not trying to make a big arguement here, but just getting the facts straight.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention I thought for sure my wife had to get her certificate. I even started looking at classes for her. I'm going to call the DNR to make sure but I was confused on that graph with the 2 top boxes for what was what

The top box is for the FAS, and the 2nd box is license requirements. I will admit, when I first started looking into it, I was a little confused also.

I got a hold of DNR and they said yOU don't need it for archery need it only if you go with the firearms so my wife is good to go Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention I really appreciate it.