• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jiggin sibs

Electronics

jiggin sibs

Icefishing without a vexilar, is like going pheasant hunting without a dog.

goose89

..........like going to Cabela's without Jackson, Grant or Benjamin.

icefisker

ice fishing with a vexilar is like playing baseball with steriods against a team of midgets. Trust that.

Finlander

I once going to Osakis turned around and drove 90 miles back to my home because I forgot my Vex!

Ya gotta do it!

Hammer Handle

I have never used a Vex.

Come to a lake I know...and I bet I will catch just as many fish.

On lakes I don't know, I wish I had one....

But, I know so many lakes...I don't think the cost is worth it yet.

goose89

I have never used a Vex.

Come to a lake I know...and I bet I will catch just as many fish.

What are you willing to bet??? j/k. Not saying you wouldn't outdo me, but I would bet quite a bit you wouldn't. You probably know way more that myself, but that's why I need my Vex.

Warning, if you do get one, you'll be doomed as we are. You won't icefish without it, again.

ps - Is that a "real" lure from the good old days, or a joke. Sometimes it's hard to tell what we used to try to catch fish with in the past. Fun looking old lures and imagining using some of them when fish hadn't seen any lures before.

basssmasher*

Had one.. sold it.... worst fishing mistake of my life!!! SOOOOOO bought another one!!

Z-520

Hammer Handle, Good luck with the suspended fish.

Hammer Handle

I actually have used one before, but never owned one.

I guess I am too lazy to carry it out on the lake...and do just as well without it. Over Christmas I took on a friend with a fish locator on "his" lake (which I knew well). He and I each found a spot...50 feet apart. He was doing better...I moved 15 feet further away...and did better. I still like to rib him for it! We bet a whopping $10.

I guess I like to fish the "old world way" and use old poles and sometimes old lures too...so that is just me. I don't even have a reel on my old wood ice fishing pole. I know about 12 lakes in my area EXTREMELY well, so I catch my share of fish.

But, I see no problem with using one.

By the way, that lure is real and from the 1930s. It was called the "Hungry Jack". I am sure it caught more fisherman that fish.

goose89

By the way, that lure is real and from the 1930s. It was called the "Hungry Jack". I am sure it caught more fisherman that fish.

lol. As most still do. Seems like there's a few tried and true, with a few breakthroughs here and there. I'm guilty of being caught,still today, by more than my share of lures that catch more fisherman than fish. Can you say Banjo-Minnow or The Flying Minnow. I even just about got that thing at the sportmans show that backs up under the dock. Maybe this year. lol.

LandDr

Believe it or not but until last year I actually used an old green box lowarnce for my flasher unit! 5 bucks at a garage sale and you are in business...just turn the sensitivity up and you will see your jig and fish coming in without a problem. I rigged it all up to use it for ice fishing. The most cost into it was the transducer to be able to set it up for ice fishing.

I gave that up last year however...and moved up to a "Clearware Pro"...a flasher unit out of an old boat. It was free and again spent $50 for a transducer and away I went.

I actually miss the old green box though.

Fish On!