• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Eastman2003

Best Walleye's I've pulled through ice

Eastman2003

IMG_0479.jpg

Just want to say thanks to Traxxx for the advice. My buddy Tim for setting the tip up, and God for the good day of fishin.

22 and 19.5.

Hope picture works

Traxxx

Nice fish Chris, glad I could help out. Did you get those from the same area?

Eastman2003

Yep same spot I've been going just went a little shallower this time. I have been catching lots of "eaters" but got these two hogs last night. Man I was pumped. Fished that spot 5-6 times, finally payed off. Big one was on a sucker minnow tip up, second one was plain hook and bobber with a rainbow. Haven't seen you around did you quit fishin or what??

Eastman2003

I caught a 28 1/2 up on the rainy river, but these are the biggest pulled through the ice. Thanks again

Traxxx

Quit fishing? Is there such a thing? grin I've been doing the fishhouse thing, chasing slabs & pike, the last couple days. Looks like I should have been walleye fishing. Were you on the Rainy with Preston and his Dad this spring?

Eastman2003

Yeah that's who i went with... the night before i just told preton we had to go up there and so we spur of the momment called his dad and told him we'd be there at 4am....we stayed up all night in prestons garage and got the boat ready, and made it to kennys house in the morning as planned. Although kenny's a little slow in the morning we got going. Slept the whole way there and caught more walleyes in two days then I thought possible. I caught that big one kenny got a 29.5in, lots of nice fish. Hopefully this year when we go I'll get ahold of something I can mount. Our rule is anything over 30. To bad at that time of year all you can get is a replica.

I have guards this weekend so I won't be out much. but if you see my blue clam stop on out, usually by myself so there is usually a seat open. Later man

Eastman2003

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/Eastman2003/?action=view&current=IMG_0479-1.jpg

this is a bigger picture im messing around with photo bucket, think you can see these hawgs a little better.

the other one is my buddy tim.

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/Eastman2003/?action=view&current=IMG_0476.jpg

jwmiller33

traxx--i was wondering if you could help me out. i am heading up to brainard this coming weekend for some ice fishing and i have no idea of where to go or what lakes i should try.. i was wondering if you could help me out and provide ANY useful info... looks like you were pretty successful in helping eastman2003.. i am looking to get some walleyes, so any info would be much appreciated...

my email is [email protected], so drop me a email if you want to keep it private/off the board... thanks!

Traxxx

JW,

I would give Gull Lake a try for some walleyes. There's a ton of spots and lots of walleyes and perch to be had. Stop into Sportland Bait and talk to Jason or Dave, they will hook you up with whats working and what areas to try.

Traxxx

Hopefully this year when we go I'll get ahold of something I can mount. Our rule is anything over 30. To bad at that time of year all you can get is a replica.

Chris,

Here is a pic of your over 30" replica from the Rainy. grin She's still swimming so you can catch her. laugh

025-1.jpg

Eastman2003

Im not going to lie im jeleous sp? FOR SURE.... we'll see if I cant post something like that in the spring

Traxxx

Chris,

How'd you guys do out there today? I was going to stop out but it took me a little longer than I wanted moving a house, stupid slush. cry

jwmiller33

how is the slush out there? make it difficult to get a house out there?>

Eastman2003

Bite was completely dead after the rainbows ran out..... we ended up keeping 2 around 16 inches... and a few perch nice ones I think for gull around 11 inches.

Good eats

Wallmaster

Hi Chris, the big 30"+ are usually big fat females. They hold thousands of eggs. Please practice C-P-R and we will all have a chance to catch them again and also have some eaters as well. We can't all rely on the dnr for restocking all of the lakes for us. The reproduction is so very important for our future anglers. Here is a 32" I caught a week ago and released smile Thanks WM

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr125/Wallmaster_2007/?action=view&current=PC020050.jpg

Eastman2003

WOW that is fish sick nice catch wallmaster........ I would never keep a big fish like that the meat dosen't taste near as good anyhow.

Wallmaster

That's cool-- Thanks Eastman smile Oh I added a couple more grin

triggertrav

i don't think traxx can catch fish. I heard he gets all his knowlegde from a legend named Hep.

skies_and_eyes

Wow!! Wallmaster, that thing is a toad! Well done on catch and realease! Nice fish!

Traxxx

i don't think traxx can catch fish. I heard he gets all his knowlegde from a legend named Hep.

Now thats the funniest thing I heard all day. I think you have have that backwards there Trav. Bring your boy Hep up here and we'll go out and see. laugh I have a new weapon of mass pike catchability. grin

triggertrav

I may be mistaken, doesn't happen much though. You take care and i am sure we will be seeing ya!

outfishedagain

Well, I will have to say i was there that day Traxxx caught that fish. He also put back a 29" that was just as fat. I've got the pics for that one too.

buddha

Nice fish Wallmaster. Need one that size, helps fill out dead space at the cabin. I am a replica guy, makes it easier to mount at a later date.

Wallmaster

Thanks guy's, I will try again next week for another one if I can. It sounds like it will be a nice week with the warm weather but maybe a little bit sloppy on the ice. Good luck!....WM

Wallmaster

"Well" we decided to go fishing this last weekend (Burrrrr!!! it was cold) on one of my favorite lakes (Gull)and did pretty good for trophy's but no eater eye's. My wife beat me by a 1/4" with an Eye coming in at mean 29 1/4" mine at 29" and my friend at 26 1/2" and we missed a few others as well and all were released to be caught another day. Caught a few Crappies and had a few to eat mmmmmmmm!!! Here is a few pictures to check out---Enjoy! grin---WM

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr125/Wallmaster_2007/