• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Pooh

lets see your setup

Pooh

spear, chisle, saw, house, decoys, whatever you got.

heres my stuff....everything u see have here is homemade(except the saw).

FYI the saw is made by nils and is a P.O.S. had it now 3 years (havent used it this year) cut maybe 12 holes and can no longer use it because the 3 of the teeth are messed up. 2 broke, 1 bent really bad.

pictures47021.jpg

pictures47021.jpgpictures47022.jpgpictures47023.jpgpictures47024.jpgpictures47017.jpg

BOUNCED

How do you see through all that snow? wink

Nice, I have a stove like that but I'm burning wood

Pooh

ok u got me!! the house isnt out right now, i dont leave it out cause with an almost 18 month old i dont have a whole ton of time, so i bring it home when im done

merkman

8 X 8 Northlander

3183811986_c701703d6e.jpg

Inside the Northlander 1 of 2 holes with my prefered spear

3163555279_f7d830feae.jpg

Inside the Northlander with my small spear

3160781046_fb45acbcb6.jpg

4 X 6 Canvas

3064115573_8ec6f7474c.jpg

Inside the 4 X 6

3064950732_7a475aa68c.jpg

Decoys

3050691318_2cb61b9990_b.jpg

Decoy in the water

2170656288_97bf0eb934.jpg

Other than that I have a fish saw, redneck chisel, old ice tongs, a small shovel with holes in it to clean out the hole and other assorted stuff

bassNspear

012_9A.jpg

outside of the Canvas Craft

010_11A.jpg

Inside the house. Monster Hole

006_15A.jpg

Inside the house. My reel, decoy and Spear!

fishwithdeocyinhole.jpg

Peepers

hey Pooh - what's the wood framed thing with the hardware screen in it? I'm new to spearing this year and trying to pick up some tricks of the trade so to speak.

GoneFish'n71

probably to scoop slush out of the hole, i use a big bait net

bassNspear

I use a silver shovel!

Gordie

I use a minnow scoop like the ones they pull tyhe decoys out of the tank with. I should be getting my new plasma today and I am goig to build something also

spearman

Find an old scoop shovel and start drilling holes in it works great to clean out the slush

shamalex72

I use the scoop shovel with holes for most of the slush. then use an aquarium net for the "fine tuning".

Huey

I use a Big Dipper scoop. The long hndle is nice for spear holes.

Pooh

thats right a big scoop to do most of the slush then a clean up with a small one right before i shut the door

Huey

Since pics are fun to see, here's some of my set up from last weekend.

Eskimo QuikFish III, Amish spear,

100_1412-1.jpg

decoys and ice tongs. I also have a Jiffy chisel and a Fish's ice saw.

100_1411-1.jpg

And 2 I left at home. Plus my jigging stick. Anyone want to trade for the Bear Creek on the right? I'd like to get a 6" Bear CreeK pike.

100_1413.jpg

Huey

BehindtheHead

how big is your northlander portable bass n spear?

Sunnie

An old landing net works great for clearing ice chunks from the the hole however it takes some abuse and may need to be renetted from time to time. I use scuba netting from fabric store.

shamalex72

Here is my set up from this morning. The spear and decoys are homemade, except the bear creek, and the house is a Shappel Icehouse 5000. The fish are 20 and 25 inches. The two decoys in the center worked best today, the red/white and yellow/black.

P1030856.jpg

Huey

Nice pic. Lots of cool decoys.

How do the fish like the frog decoys?

I almost bought one last wknd. Got a mini sunfish type decoy instead. It really zings through the water, but I wonder if it's big enough to attract fish.

shamalex72

P1030839.jpg

I have a fair amount come in to the frogs. Last weekend I speared two small ones less than five minutes apart on the frog with black spots.

Laska

where can I get one of those frogs, I want one smile

Huey

I should have bought the frog.

Peepers

hey Shamalex - I like your spear deign and am thinking of making one for next year myself. Are the tines 1/4 inch and the shaft 1/2 inch? Is the piece bridging the shaft and the tines all one piece or did you cut them out separately and weld them together?

thanks!

shamalex72

hey Shamalex - I like your spear deign and am thinking of making one for next year myself. Are the tines 1/4 inch and the shaft 1/2 inch? Is the piece bridging the shaft and the tines all one piece or did you cut them out separately and weld them together?

thanks!

Yes, the tines are 1/4" and the shaft is 1/2". I used two pieces and welded them together, like a sandwich. If you want I can put a close-up picture here.

Peepers

Close-ups would be great. Thanks for the info!

shamalex72

Here it is, hope it helps.

P1030858.jpg