• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

clamup

Would like to here from anyone on Leech Lake the has gone out or knows somone who knows anyone that has caught Perch this year. I'm coming up in early February 11-15 its going to be my first time on Leech. Do not want any secret spots. I just would like to here about Perch and or see pictures. Going to be at Brindley's.

clamup

OK I'm still here. I guess is that the lake has frozen out? And all you guy's are on Cass.

OH well, looks like we'll need more beer in the shack!!!!!!!

JBMasterAngler

It's a distinct possibility all the wolves in longville made it over to leech and ate all the perch.

On a serious note...you can find the jumbos in leech, but I think you'll get more action and size on cass or winnie.

clamup

Well, I was hooked into this trip. I fished winnie and cass before.

Its more than just catching JUMBO's, its trying to fish as many great perch lakes as I can. I've caught 15" perch in three diffrent states. Not looking for that on Leech although

I'm sure they swim in the lake. Its just four OLD guys and a bunch of BEER. Leech was drawn out of the hat this year.

Thank You

stoney

I know a guy here in Nebraska that goes to Brindley's every year and never has any regrets on their perch fishing.

JigginIsLife

there isnt much to it check the flats as well as most of the other signature places. tops of humps, flats, or any green vegetation that you canfind still growing undernieth all this snow have fun a drink a few for me smile

clamup

Thanks to all. It sounds like we'll have a fish fry! I also know from fishing in MN. and MI. that in 1 month things will change.One of tour group just had a triple by-pass and a pig

valve put in. The rest of us are praying that its a gas valve!

A Dr. told him NO drilling hole?? We bought him a new shovel

so he can help get us out.

luckydave

Brindley's will get you on the fish. They are excellent!

clamup

Thanks Lucky Dave! I know that lake travel will change and the fish bite will change in one month. Just trying to keep up with the changes. size line, lures, bait and about how much Beer four old guys will need?

The Thompsons

If you are going after perch and staying at Brindley's you are going to do fine. You are in the right area of the lake. Some of the best late ice perch fishing is done right in front of Brindley's or withing a mile or two of there. Good luck and I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised!

clamup

I would like to thank everyone for the info on the lake. And from what I read on this site and others, Brindley's will produce.

With only 26 more days to go I feel like I'm 10 years old going

on a great adventure.

Here in northern WI. the perch fishing is awful this year, you can watch them on the locater or on the camera. They come up and go down, very few takers. The ice is the best its been in years, with only 1-2" of snow. Dang I want fresh perch tonight.

TCon17

Last time up on Leech we caught most of our perch on walleye jigging spoons or fatheads under a very light bobber. Found a few over 10".

clamup

3rdCrowWingLad; Thank you.

Sounds good. Brindley's said we would be trying for walleye too.

fishgutz77

If you can get to portage and fish the silt sand break you get really get into the 10-12"ers. small spoons and drop down hooks have been working good with minnow heads.

clamup

Thank You fishgutz77: I don't know if time will allow for running and gunning other lakes. But thanks again. It looks like we'll just fish out from Brindley's, they take you out, set you up, and all we have to do is kick back, catch fish and enjoy. If it all comes together. cool

trollenslow

I believe fishgutz was refering to portage bay of leech lake which is due north, northeast of traders bay. Hope you guy's have a nice time. Fish fry with a few beers, life don't get any better!!

clamup

Thanks Trollenslow: Thats all we need. From passed trips we always have a good time. We do have a young guy comming with he's(59)to shovel and push. OH and get us BEER too.

leechlaker547

clamup, dont forget to stay that extra time after dark for pout. It will be perfect timing. Big glow spoons with fathead bouncing on the bottom. Just as good as walleye. Fight even better. Good luck

clamup

OH YAH ! My uncle used to bring them over from Washington Island out in Lake Michagan. He would broil them. EMMMM.

I'll make sure the resort picks us up last!!!

Thank you for your help. And thank all the rest for all the help. Here in WI. you wouldn't get anyone to help! Its like a

007 movie. I don't know why you would but if you ever come this way [email protected]

clamup

Back again, busy putting wood in the basement. We have jigging

Raps/pimples and spoons. Now can anyone tell us what color is best( blue/red/siver)? It will make us happy to go back to the LURE store again! OH the by-pass boy said he's ready!! watched

Grumpy old men twice this week.

Thanks again

Team AARP??? 12 Days to go

TCon17

The colors varied for us when we were up. Spoons, gold and blue glow seemed to be my best option. But I was told otherwise for this past weekend (red). Salmos we used were the sucker pattern I think its called???

tweeder

Red and Green Glows worked for us a few weekends ago

clamup

tweeder: thanks. I think we'll have it all covered.Looks like the warm weather has helped the the lake travel some.

We only have 8 days until we head out. Still buying (STUFF)

Again thanks to all for the information

Team AARP is on the way!

motley man

Can anyone tell me about the walleye,perch bite out of Brindley's or Grand Vu? Plan on going up Thursday morning.

clamup

I would like to Thank! Tweeder;Jigginlslife;3rdcrowwinglad;stoney;leechlsker547;jbmaster angler;trollen slow;fishgutz77;The Thompsons and lukeydave;

For all your help. We should be at Brindley's before dark on the 11th. All we need is our license and bait? If the bait shop guy is anything like around here, we'll need some of the top secret killer lures of the day. You would think that the bag of lures that I've been buying for 40 years now would work, But? I can always use more! The Grandson can spend his life trying them all!

Thanks again

Team AARP