• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recent Southwest Metro Reports Here---Bryant Lk---ect.

MNfishtrapper

Anyone have any recent reports to add for the southwest metro lakes? I wish that there was a forum created for specific locations around the TC.

I was on Bryant last night and pulled a hand full of 7 to 8 inch crappies and smaller sunnies and perch. Nothing incredible. I was in about 20 FOW and the crappies where suspending at 7.5 feet and again at 10 to 12 feet, with sunfish on the bottom. Nothing could be found in shallower water. The bite was slow and most fish seemed lethargic. However, there was a small cluster of guys out in the middle of the lake. They must have been in 30 or 40 FOW! Anyone know or have any idea what they were doing there?? I'm not one to go mooch in on top of a guys set up.

Crappies would be my guess. Maybe they found the mother lode suspended over the deep hole! Either that or the bottle bass & they figured their baits were safe out there. smile

I live close by Bryant and have seen the group out in the middle, but have yet to venture out that way. I assume you access the lake through the park/boat ramp, are there park hours? Are you required to pay the park daily fee?

Hey Trapper,

I haven't fished the lake before, I might want to go out there tonight and fish a little bit. Thanks for the info and I may try to find that sunken island and set up there for a bit. If you want to join me, I'll be the guy with the Black Tundra and the FT Guide.

Curtis

Sound's good squirts. Blk Tundra got it. I might be going up to Mille Lacs but I'll keep that in mind. Shoot me an email and we can exchange some tips and info If you like. [email protected]

When I lived in Bloomington I would fish Byrant lake, most crappies run 7-8 in. and not any bigger. You may get 1 or 2 larger but you can get a bunch.

Didn 't get a chance to send a note, but I am heading out there in the next 30 minutes, I plan on staying until after dark, if you see me, come say hi.

Best Regards,

Curtis

P.S. That goes for all FMrs.

Well,

I got out about 2:45 and setup the house and got the holes punched. I decided to try out by the sunken island in about 20 FOW. I actually brought out my RC plane to have a little fun before settling in to fish, but I ended up bending the nose ski and popping a hole in the fuse, so i started fishing early. I started about 3:30 and tried a red wiggler on a Ratso and a crappie minnow on another jig, both kind of pinkish. Nothing. I saw some activity at 18FOW and moved the jigs up but no bites. I tried switching colors and going to both CM's and nothing. Skunked.

Anyone have any other ideas for Bryant? Maybe stay in the northern bay? Anyone that was out there tonight have any luck?

Curtis

Curtis (aka squirts) Lemme know next time you head out to bryant and we'll meet up. You should fix your plane so I can check that out. I'm a pilot so I think that stuff's pretty cool. Fishing and flying; can't beat it. If your out I drive a white s-10 PU and fish a blue fishtrap Yukon. I might be there with a buddy on Wed.

I thought it was not actually an island but just a huge sunken rock. Try a bit deeper 25-30 FOW, was getting crappie off the bottom. It is true though, not many are to big. Did any of you know they stocked that lake with walleye in 2006 and apparently last year. I wonder where they would be. Any thoughts?

I thought it was not actually an island but just a huge sunken rock. Try a bit deeper 25-30 FOW, was getting crappie off the bottom. It is true though, not many are to big. Did any of you know they stocked that lake with walleye in 2006 and apparently last year. I wonder where they would be. Any thoughts?

There are some real big pike and ski's in that lake, that's where those fingerling's probably ended up

Really, the muskies and pike ate all my walleyes B.S. has got to stop. I thought we all new better than that already. I guess not. To answer your question I saw a guy catch quite a few 'eyes off the neck down area on the south end of the lake during the open water season.

I don't understand what your trying to say. There are some big pike in there. wink Obviously my smiley didn't show up in the right area in my above post..