• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Portavilla

Rent & go wheelhouses

Portavilla

Do the many requests we have had about bringing the Rent & Go units back we have decided to try it again. This time you will have to come out to where we are on the lake and pick them up there. You will also have to get a road pass from Rogers Resort to do so.

This option was very popular but it was problematic to check out the trailers prior to the next customer picking them up when they were dropped off at the resort and we where on the lake. We are willing to try it again but you will have to come to us.

www.portavilla.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      You’ll have to pass the test:
    • roony
      I love the location of the Retreat Lodge, never stayed there though. 
    • roony
      I finally got out fishing last week on Thursday. I used a gulp alive minnow. one of the smaller ones, and it worked great. I put it on a pink ratso with a white body and the gulp on it and the crappies and bluegills would not leave it alone. Other baits were not as effective that afternoon.   
    • Americanangler
      I am helping out with the MN SATT (high school fishing) and Classic Bass Pro tournament trail to help fill 20 more boat marshal spots on Le Homme Dieu and the chain on June 14, 2019.  As a boat marshal you will be placed in a boat with some of top bass pros in Minnesota and the country.  The likes of Dean Capra, Seth Feider, John Figi, Matt Peters,  and many more top pros fish these events.  (not sure if they are fishing the Le Homme Dieu event or not, but it gives you an idea of the caliber of anglers fishing this trail and the opportunity you could have to be in their boat!) Your job would be to record fish on an app and make sure the anglers are following all the rules of the trail.  There is much more information on the sign up page and if you have additional questions about what is require you can call my cell 612-819-8500.  We opened this up to High School Anglers first, and now we are opening it up the general public.  You must be 13 years or older and this is a great opportunity to learn something new by just being in the boat with some of these anglers.  Here is a link to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084ba5ad2ba6fb6-classic2  sign up before the spots are filled up! SATT_ClassicBass_BoatOfficialsFLyer[2] (1).pdf
    • PSU
      Hello David, we visited Vermilion for years until purchasing some land in the Frazer Bay / Smarts Bay area. We have stayed at a number of resorts, but really enjoyed Retreat Lodge due to the owners, reasonable prices and fantastic fishing within 2 miles of where it is located! Good luck with your decision!   Vermilion is a one of a kind lake!
    • Wakemup
      Thanks guys!
    • ozzie
      for crappies gulp alive 2.5 black shad is a great bait for me set on a 1/16oz jig.  tube jigs are great also!
    • David D
      Hello, I am planning to spend a week with family at either Pelican or Vermillion in late July, and need to commit to just one. From what I know, both are great. I have been to Pelican in 15 years ago and liked it, but I've always been intrigued by Vermillion. I would appreciate thoughts and recommendations on both lakes, experiences at particular resorts. The family loves fishing for pike and I would like another crack at a Musky, but the main idea is to show the kids (9, 8, 6) the beauty of the area and build great memories. Thank you,   David
    • Raven77
      Esox, couldn't find the online guide service in the last two issues of th Timberjay.  Could you please provide a link or a hint as to where you found it?
    • Bear 55
      I would say try Warroad casting spoons, spinners. Have heard of people catching walleyes there. Or there is a fishing pier in Baudette Bay of the Rainy. Stay Safe Good Luck Bear55