• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fishing Freak

Resorts thats are cheap and have good fishing

Fishing Freak

im trying to head up to low with 3 friend and was woundering if there are any cheap rates with sleeper house because we are have money problems are wont to go up to low for the 5th year in a row and can't aford the rate where we normaly do and info on rates would elp all we are going in a week 1 or 2.

mattkimk

I have found that sleeper houses are too expensive. Get a hotel room and split it with your buddies and just bring your own gear out. Much cheaper way to go

Fishing Freak

what do you use for a house?

late night

Check out Long Point. A buddy keeps telling me they are cheap and good. I have never fished there myself but my friend says $17.00 a hole in a day house but then you still need to sleep somewhere and I think Long Point is a long ways from any cheap motel.

Fishing Freak

thx

2springers

I think if you factor in ALL associated costs a sleeper is the way to go.

I usually go to zippel. I figure cost for the sleeper (about a hundred bucks per guy, for 2 1/2 days of fishing), bait, and fuel to get there. I bring all my own food, beer and booze. I can do a LOTW trip for 2 1/2 days for roughly $200.

Fishing Freak

how do you get to the resort?and what other info do you have

Fishing Freak

yeah it about 100 person for 2 days in sleeper but im 17 no job and going with 2 friends that are 19 and one that is 20 i don't have alt of money

2springers

Sorry dude, it dont get any cheaper than that. Maybe you should be realistic with the fact that you cant afford a trip to LOTW at all.

Google Zipple bay resort. You'll find a link to their website with all of there prices listed and directions to the resort. Good luck.

tonkapat

red lake sleeper may be more in the budget and closer. Borrow the money from the parents and go.

mnhunter 3815

if you want more info on zipple.give me your e-mail addy and i can give you the info.

Pantherburn

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again,thank you.

asleson

They have always treated me very well. But that is just my 2 cents. What was the problem?

bturck

Fishinfreak: Not to sound like an a** here, but 17 and no job???? There are people looking to hire. Flippin a few burgers earns some cash. You're probably living at home so the expense factor shouldn't be to great. As mentioned above this may not be the year for the LOW trip. You need to prioritze, the wants and the needs and spend your money wisely. Hope you can make the trip one day, you will enjoy it. Bill

JeffB

Sounds like you need to talk to your parents. If they approve of you going on the trip and they are in good fiancial shape ask what you can do for work to earn some cash. Shovel snow, clean house, get a job or what ever. If the family as a whole is having hard times its time to grow up and realize we can't have everythin we want. Good luck I hope it works out for you, and give you credit for trying to do it a cheap as possibe.

Fishing Freak

i work at a golf coures in the summer