• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Adrian's Resort

A group of us are coming to Adrian's Resort on the 16th of this month and are wondering about the bite, report, and the resort overall. If anyone have any information, it will be greatly appreciated. It'll be our first time to Adrian's. Thanks, Lee

Mivaj I am staying at Riverbend at the same time in one of their sleepers. If you see a red explorer stop in and say hi.

I'll also be at Adrian's that weekend. I'm keeping my eyes on this post as well. Hopefully it will be ok, but I'm hearing right now it is very quiet.

Been 3 weeks since I was up, so can't give you a report, but have stayed at Adrian's for over 5 years and always been treated well. Brian does a good job moving the houses around.

I will be going up on the 15th for 3 days. Its my 3rd trip up and will be staying at Adrians. A friend of mine was up on Monday to Thursday out of RiverBend and did very well in about 23 ft. Adrians houses last weekend were from 19 ft to 32 ft. If the weather stays stable we should do OK!!

headed to Riverbend on Monday Jan 12 with my wife. We'll be fishing 13th and 14th. I'll put something on here when we get back on the 15th. Looks like a little clipper out of Canada next week, should be interesting. We'll see what happens. Bill

Bill, hope you do good, but save some for us! I see your going early in the week. Is that so you dont have to put up with Gordy!! LOL I love that guy. Has a way about him you got to love! Good Luck

Is that so you dont have to put up with Gordy!! LOL I love that guy. Has a way about him you got to love!

That guy is quite the character. I was up on the big pond last year hunting divers and stayed at riverbend. We shot the **** with Gordy all weekend. Never seen a guy take down so many yag bombs in my LIFE! crazy

Onlyice: hopefully the bite will be better than right after Xmas otherwise there will be a lot of fish left over for you!!!!

Ya, Gordy is a fixture up there. I first met him 10 years ago when Glenn and Pam still owned the resort. Definitley the kind of guy you want pouring drinks at your bar, before you know it you can be well in the bag just listening to his stories. I think he knows everybody in a 100 mile radius. Knowing Gordo he might be on the other side of the bar when we're there.

I'm taking my wife along as mentioned. In the past she's been known to kick my butt, but I always tell her don't forget who rigged your rods up with the right bait. Looking forward to the trip, sounds like it will be just a little cool next week. Oh well, don't have to worry about a lot of water on the ice LOL

Only Ice and Cupped: Do you guys remember a young lady who bartended there up until about 2 years ago? I thnk her name is Jody. Anyway we were out fishing one day back then and her, her mom and a couple of other young ladies were fishing one of the Bends houses about a block away. Early afternoon she comes trudging through the snow to our house and wants to know how we're doing. The fish were really on for both of our houses and we jawed a little bit about it. One of my son's said the only problem was we didn't have any beer. so she takes off back to her house and pretty soon we look out the window and here she comes again, and has 4 beers stuffed in her jacket pockets. What a hoot. We bought her a couple that night at the lodge. Would have give her a ride back but we had come out in track vehicles. I saw her during Xmas break, she was in the lodge and sledding with some friends. Still remembered us and just as friendly as ever. Just thought I'd throw this out there as nothing better to do this afternoon...LOOOL Bill

Yep! Jody is her name, she still does some bartending here and there around the resorts and I believe she is selling some insurance now as well at least she was anyway. Have a good one!

Bill, Jody now works over at morris point. When I go up I always go over to say hi. If I dont she finds out from Gordy that I was up nd then she E-mails me and chews me out for not comming over to see her. Shes a sweet hart. Met her when she was only 18 working at the WigWam.We have been good friends for a long time.

Just got back today, went out to the end of the road 9 miles out from the island to a place they plowed for people bring up there own houses. 3 fish in 5 hours and would have not got them if not watching the flasher, they were comming in 12-15 feet off the bottom.

chad ill make a bet with you, while you are on LOW and i am wereever i wanna be, if you catch more then i do i will shave my beard that has been with me forever and if i win you have to buy my race car, sound good, see you hopefully next weekend

hey chad i am kinda glad you sold your car, i was getting to wore our fixing it LOL, now its your turn to fix mine

Sure I'll buy it, do you take a payment plan? Get that thing up here and I'll help fix it all summer. In fact, I'll even show you how to drive it faster!

Call me and give me a report while you are up here, I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures of all the fish we are catching.

the bad thing about the car is no track in northern mn races up there dang usmts, well hey you were suposto call me back today and u didnt hmmmmmmmm u didt go fishing did you, well nether did i i broke a 22 year tradition of fishing on my birthday, i dont know why i mved here i guess i was fallowing my heart instead of my head

Nama: I thought that Jodi had gone into the insurance business. I owned an agency for 22 years until retiring and selling in June. We used to talk about the business and when she left the Bend I lost track of her. I believe her mom was cooking at the Bend for awhile, but haven't seen her this year. I'm leaving in an hour, should be a fun ride. Looks llike we'll run out of the snow around Bemidji but I don't think I can outrun the cold. Brrrrr. Talk Thursday when I get back. Bill

No, I didn't make it out. The baby is sick, and we all were tired, so I just hung out. That's why I never called. Sorry.

By the way, it wasn't your heart you were following, it was a spot a few feet lower!

We have stayed with Adrian's the past 5 years and just got back from a quick 2 days of fishing with them, slow bite, fished deep(6 miles out 32 ft) first day less than 25 fish for 4 guys in 2 shacks, kept 5. Best presentation was as small a shiner you could put on your plain red hook right on the bottom. 2nd day we fished there shallow shacks to the east in 20 ft, better bite but still slow from our past years, again, light bite, plain hook out produced everything else..Adrian's does a great job..have fun...gold, pink/white produced decent as well, jigging brought the fish in but would not hit even a stationary jig....