• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoyt4

Longbeard Assassins

Hoyt4

Any of us out there?We going to come back this year and defend the title?Sorry I just can not wait for Turkey season 85 days till I head to NE with the bow.Just getting the ich.One blind sent back for repairs to DB,starting to shoot once a week so I'm ready on April 3rd to put some arrows in flight.

paintbrush

I'm out here Hoyt4, and I'm READY to get out after them there gobblers! I've already rebooked with the outfit down in Kansas that I hunted with last year where I took 2 birds. I've applied for my tags in both MN. and WI. and will put in for SD. praire tags when the time comes to apply for them.If I don't get a MN. or Wi tag, I"ll head to NE. and give it a try. The turkey season is just to short for me!

By the way, get anything yet from last year for us winning the team contest? I'm still waiting to see if anything comes in.

8point

You know it. Hunting MN and SD this year. I was woundering the same thing about the prizes???

PierBridge

Longbeard Assassins have been disbanded for being to good.

On a side note we would have taken 2nd if I didn't screw up my pictures!

Can't wait!

Hoyt4

Nice to get some more turkey talk.I can never get enough.I also have my MN and WI done.Also just getting the information in for our SD hunt.I will not make Missouri this year but still have a enough to handle.I just wish there more months of April and May.Besides October I think are the greatest times to be in the woods.Just ordered the new truth 20 can not wait for that to arrive.That will only get my by for a few days.Still no prizes but I know they are working on sending them out.If we have them by spring that would be cool if not I can wait.Maybe a repeat this year.

Tippman

Looks like over half of our team found this thread in the same day it was posted, I guess we're still out here! I'm hunting Iowa this year as well I believe. We are keeping the same teams right!? grin

sticknstring

It was a good run. I'll have to live vicariously through everyone's out-of-state hunts this spring. I probably won't get drawn for MN, and it's not looking too promising for NE or SoDak either. I'm already hearing gobbles...

Hoyt4

Still can get that bow tag Sticknstring.I was drawn last two years for MN and most times it's every 3 years.So I will be getting the archery tag most likely.

paintbrush

Hey Guys: Got my call today in the mail from Mr Chris Walls! Looking very much forward to putting it to good use this spring. Mines a Cherry, slate over glass with a one piece Pecan striker. She looks great and sounds great! Runs great with very little pressure used on the striker. Come on spring!!

eric29

I also got my call today. Its a spalted maple slate and spalted maple striker. It looks beautiful and sounds great. Thank you Chris.

Tippman

Got mine as well, same as yours Paintbrush. Thanks again Chris

PierBridge

Nice Job guy's...Gotta Love FM and their sponsors!

sticknstring

I'm still patiently waiting for mine. Nothing better than sending some loud seductive yelps towards the significant other!

MNpurple

Receieved mine yesterday, very nice, thank you chris. I applied for 346, season B. I was drawn for first season there last year, So I don't know what my odds are for getting drawn again. If not I'll probably go late season then.

sticknstring

Got mine today! I love those mushroom tipped strikers. Great looking call & even better sounding. Thanks Chris - I hope to put the first of many notches in it this spring!

Hoyt4

I will be watching out for the calls this week then.Nice to know others put notches on their calls.My Lil heart breaker is covered right now.Most of them are from turkey's I called in for others.I think I like that even better then shooting them.

sticknstring

Absolutely. It allows you to watch the bird and focus on what he's doing rather than hustle to get an arrow nocked and worry about shooting through a blind rod. Playing the camera man is just as exciting for sure.

Hoyt4

Going to try and video this year.Most likely trying to run it by myself for a couple hunts with the bow in a blind.I do not like being in a blind but would be cool to video a hunt.

sticknstring

Make sure to get an external mic if your cam allows. Nothing better than turkey talk along with some great footage.

cw642

Hoyt4 I need you to email me, I need some info from you.

CW @ wallscalls.com

Hoyt4

E-mail sent.

Hoyt4

Sticknstring ,I will have to check into that external Mic.

sticknstring

Yeah - they're called shotgun mics. Most "consumer" cams won't accept them. I finally found a JVC that did and bought it. Here's an article that really helped me get going.

Filming your own hunts

Hoyt4

Thanks Stick.I will check that out.Going to start with Turkey then try and move on to deer maybe.

Hoyt4

Let's go team time to come back and defend the title.I was not lucky for MN but I will have the bow tag.Also have a few states to try and help our team out.I was content with ice fishing but now I have the spring fever.