• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mnfisher22

I want to go fishing today, around the Lakefield Jackson area...

mnfisher22

Any ideas of where to catch some perch, crappies or walleyes?

Are they biting any where else?

JBone

I would go to Loon or Round!

mnfisher22

are they catching fish on round?

pointerboat

Big Spirit is doing well.

Hotspot

Go down to Big Spirit better chance of catching some fish during the day time and right at dark.

JBone

Don't you need a Iowa License for Big Spirit? Well if you have a Iowa License Go to Spirit I quess. They have been biting on Round for 20 years too

muc33

If anyone has first hand expierience on Round recently I would love to hear it, because the lake is a ghost town. I live 7 miles from it so I can tell you first hand there are maybe 3 houses sitting on the lake today as I type this.

JBone

I don't have first hand expierence but statistically speaking if the MDNR can catch 365 walleyes in 2005, I am sure someone can catch a few in 2009. 7 miles muc33, I bet you have caught a few eyes out of there this year!

hunter76

If he says its a ghost town and they are not biting, its a ghost town and they are not biting. Plain and simple

Hotspot

Round got hit so hard last year it's going to need a year to rest.There is still some nice fish to be had but it will take some searching with the graph.

kosterguide

hey muc33 give me a call and i got something you might wanna know 2185569409,

kosterguide

Round has been hit hard, but it aways has been hit hard. I had some of my best fish this year open water on Round, one day three of us thought we were back on Red Lake. We sat in on spot and cought fish after fish. Round can be a tricky lake to fish, one minute there hot then they die, well try to stay on top of them and youll catch fish all the time, and when the dead of summer hits they can be exsploding out there and there isnt a boat to be had. When i lived down there it was not uncommon to see me unload my boat at 12am and fish till 5 when the water was warmer. I say go fish round and just stay moble, and if your lucky you might get a crappie that is simular to red lake size.

ldand

Round is dead and has been since ice came. I was on Round again this afternoon and not a bite. I had my house on the west side a couple weeks ago and Tuesday I put it on the South side and have not go a bite yet. There is my house and one more on the lake right now, a whole lot different from last year.

muc33

JBone, my daughter alone caught over 100 eyes on Round and she is only 11 in the last two years (and just so people know, no, we kept no where near that number). I wouldn't want to guess the number I have seen come through an 8 inch hole let alone landed in a net or pull onto shore in the last few years. And for the exact record, I have not pulled a single walleye out of round since last year January. Truth. I spent all last season after the first of the year on either Okabena, East, LOTW and mostly down in Boji panfishing. I caught my share and to be completely honest, got bored catching that many walleye, I know that sounds stupid, but a few people on here that fished with me and know me would verify, I spent many, many days on Round in the past few years and it was something I will never ever forget. My daughter and I had the single best day of walleye fishing in my life in the USA a little over a year ago. I took tons of pictures and she still talks about it today like it was yesterday. I actually had tears in my eyes as she high fived me all the way home, pretty cool moment. I don't know that I could duplicate that evening we had ever again, we couldn't do anything wrong, they just wouldn't stop biting. I love that lake, and respect that lake and just have no desire this year to do her any harm, so I likely won't take a fish out of her this ice season. I may still fish there, but won't take any.

Sorry for the long drawn out post, but I can honestly say, I am very happy that Round put the breaks on, she deserves it!

basssmasher*

Does anyone fish Boot lake south of windom anymore?? yrs ago we did real well for jumbo perch and nice northerns too

Hotspot

If u are talking boot lake north west of Jackson.There is not much to catch they are all very small if it does not freeze out should bee good next year.keep fingers crossed and they all make it;.

muc33

I fished it early ice and like hotspot said, all I got were little guys, but I haven't given it a fair try either, we were only there for about an hour.

JBone

Now that is some great lake info! Thanks guys

fishfinder72

I fish boot lake several times a year. Yes the lake is full of small perch but a little effort will produce keepers and jumbos. Move around and give it an afternoon. Mountain lake has also been doing good for bluegill. Once again spend a decent ammount of time and you will get fish. As for walleye I had luck on clear a few weeks ago but it seemed to slow down. Tried little spirit and had poor luck there. Several nice jumbo perch but no eyes to be caught out of my house.