• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Access Fees

Paul Waldowski

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Waldowski

• Charries

• Swill

• bturck

I can't believe how many people whine about the access fee's. If you don't want to pay to play then stay home, fishing isn't a cheap hobby.

I pay the access fee for piece of mind. Chances are if I go out of an access and have some trouble that same access may be willing to help me out. I have been out and had difficulties off the plowed road and it was the access owners that came to help me out, when I offered them some $$$ for their trouble they wouldn't accept it. I only hope that I am able to do what I can to help them out in return.

Thanks for the long hours and hard work you put in so we can enjoy some time on the ice.

Hey Paul,do you break even?

I bet Paul Makes a profit... However, if you add it up, he probably makes about $2.50 an hour for his time.. 8-)

He makes plenty more then that Deitz, Like being in the great outdoors all day and night at -30, refreshing his welding bending metal skills, becoming a better people person, toning up his garbage hauling methods, And the the dailey exercise he gets. Some people would spend thousands to work as hard as him with a personal trainer. And the diet perhaps 1 good meal a day. What price tag do you put on all that. Keep up the great work you and your crew do Paul Thanks

I'm sure a profit is being made. If you know anything about financial management, you would know if the project does not make a profit, you should not take part in the project. Pretty simple to figure out, and I'm sure paul has done his homework or he would not be in the bussiness. However hard work, a bunch of up front cost, and lots of time is needed to complete the project.

I didn't respond to the other threads, but decided I'd add my $.02 to this one.

I very much appreciate the work that goes into what the resorts do for us. with the amount of money that i have invested in my equipment, another $25-$100 isn't going to kill me.

if the guys complaining about the access fees can't appreciate the hard work that goes into what these resorts do for us, then i think they have their priorities messed up.

on a side note, the resorts are private property, they don't have to let us onto the lake. if you don't like the access fees and the service they will provide if you need them to, go out of the public access and make your own road.

I have yet to fish out of Appeldoorns (but i plan on coming up next weekend)maybe see you then Paul and thank you for your hard work.

Swill: Back in 1956-1957 I first started to fish Millie with my dad and uncles. We fished on the west side out of a resort called Shortys later it became Zaske's. The road pass, access fee, was $1.00. All the resorts in that area had an agreement with each other that regardless of where you came on if you had a problem any of the resorts would help you out no charge Providiing you had your access reciept tapped to your windshield. Life sure was simple back then and we caught lots of fish and ate a whole lot of venison sausage and fresh walleye fillet sandwiches. If you blinked your headlights on and off at night for example one of the resorts would respond to you location. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Well Paul is saying that a guy cant make a profit,so i ask again,,,,Paul do you make a profit,Deitz says you make 2.50 an hour.....Hard to believe!!! Maybe Paul could answer this,after all,he started this thread!!!!Just asking.....

hook'em

Some weeks $2.50 isn't much of a stretch.

Do we make a profit off of the roads, no! Do we make a profit in the winter, yes! Remember though that needs to get us thru March, April, and half of May.....

Bill,

A few of us still operate that way. For instance, our road links up with Mac's Twin Bay and McQuoids Inn, we mutually maintain the road between us. If you came out of one of those resorts we would have absolutely no problem helping you out of a sticky situation if you were in our area.

Paul it doesn't surprise me that you guys still work under some type of mutual aid agreement. Keep up the good work its really great to be able to navigate without the worry of travel. Only a few weeks left and this season is history once again. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Why is it that all some of the people have to do is b#$&h and complain? Probaly been spoon feed their whole life. Lets give the fellas a pat on the back and a standing ovation for the hard work they do for our enjoyment. Thanks to you all who have a hand in the resort business who work their [PoorWordUsage] off to try and make an honest living. Just my $.02 worth. Scheuney

If he did not plow the roads would you go there? No. So he plows the roads at little to no profit but makes money because people then give him other business. Happy customers come back and he makes money. Now dont plow the roads and watch your business in the winter go down the tubes. If his only business was road plowing he would have to charge much more to make a living

What we have is the me generation, what can the world do for me? I just feel sorry for the gals that end up with the tightwads.

Ten dollars is very reasonable for the PRIVELAGE to use their land and roads to use for fishing.

Thanks Paul and the other resorts that plow roads!!!!

I don't think it needs saying but then again maybe it does, I didn't see a single post on this thread of anyone complaining about 10 dollars for an access fee.

58' was a terrible year on mille lacs-not many walleye sandwhiches-kinda like last year. I did not catch many.

Nope, i've said several times on this thread and the other one that I don't have a problem paying access fees. Just as long as everyone pays the same amount.

They where out pushing the snow away from the houses to keep them from flooding to bad around them thus stopping them from a major freeze in. Now they are drilling holes to help drain the water in the major standing areas.