• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chime in with your fishing reports.....

I fished out of hillman's yesterday from about 8 am until about 5pm. Four of us had limits of walleyes, no crappies, and one perch. The bites came in flurries, three or four fish here then nothing then a couple more and so on. The bite picked up around 11 am and again towards dark. We had a few fish that were over the slot, with the biggest bout 21" and a few little fish too. The keepers were all around 15"-16".

bemidjibasser- How far out were you guys?? I'm coming up thursday and we usually fish 4-5 miles of hillmans, but sounds like its maybe better towards the end of the road? Any help?

West towards the reservation line out of the south. Thats where the good fishing was for me. Many fish in the 17-20" range and had enough for a meal to take home under 17". Good Luck, you'll have a good time if you just enjoy being out there.

Just got back today-we went out from JR's and with 4 guys we picked up 60 eye's and 1 perch, needless to say we had another great trip might try to get one more in.

Thanks- Chad B

Just got home and we hit 52 eyes and a perch. The bite was in flurries with most of fish were under 17". There was an early bite (5am-6am) and another mid day (11pm-2pm) and a short dusk bite. The night bite was non existent. It really didn't matter what presentation we used either, just hold tight to the bottom.

Got back last night. We ended up somewhere around 40 walleyes, 2 perch and 2 northern. We went home with our limit and at one meal when we were there too. Only 2 fish were under 14 inches, and about 10-15 were in the slot.

Many of the fish were in fluries picking up 4-5 fish in about fifteen minutes, and then it would quiet down with the occasional fish coming along. We did miss several fish at night as we are heavy sleepers and got the the rattles too late. Picked up a few, but every rattle was picked each morning too. :-)

Good luck all!

Well, we got back yesterday from a 2day trip Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. We (8 total) had 3 URL first timers, we went through an outfitter that I had used twice before. The houses were fine, but the fishing was real slow. Fri afternoon was ok, Sat morning was good for an hour, then only 4 fish caught for the next 24 hrs. was not impressed with the fact that he didn't seem to have a handle on where the fish actually were. He said this and that about moving alot and couldn't pinpoint the fish, but I don't know. I will be using a different guide service next time.

Got back last night. 2 nights, 5 of us in a Kelly/Jonny P sleeper. Took home 14 eyes, one short of our limit. One crappie about 2:30 AM. All dead stick. I would recommend jigging with one line, as the dead stick seemed to be more productive when jigging. First night, the best bite was 11-2AM. Second night, the best bite was 2-4 AM. Released ~8 eyes at 18-20", probably another 8 dinks. Also, one 33" snake.

We had cold, calm weather - fantastic. Thanks Jonny, we had a great time!!

My brother was fishing in another 5 man, they did poorer than us. 3 keepers the first day/night. 8 keepers the second day/night. One snake.

Talked to Shaky Legs on Saturday. Sounded like he did better than us.

Jwink - nice to meet you. Saturday was slow for us but they bit pretty good on Thursday and Friday including one keeper walleye that Kelly rescued with one of my "lost rods" attached to it grin

Shaky Legs - it was a pleasure to meet you as well. I saw your "lost rod" rescue post. It's nice that a lot of the eyes give us multiple chances to get them all the way up the hole.

We fished from Friday at about 3:00 PM to Sunday at about noon. 47 walleyes and 1 northern. We went out of Rogers. 13 feet of water. Crappie minnows and an assortment of jigs. The fish didn't care what we put down the hole. We had different jigs on each line. They hit them all. Of the 47, 25 were under 17". 4 were under 14". Therefore, by our definition, we caught 21 eaters (14+ through 16 3/4). 21 were in the slot. The slot walleyes were between 17" and 21" Of those, most were about 18" to 19". We probably had more than 50 dinks. They hit hot and heavy from the time we got there on Friday until sunset. They slowed from sunset through about midnight. Hit well from midnight to about 4 or 5. They slowed throughout the day on Saturday. We only caught 2 after sunrise on Sunday. Saturday night was slower than Friday night, but we definitely had a middle of the night bite on both nights. I was up frequently both nights with dinks and fish. If I had been there another day, we would have moved Saturday night or Sunday morning. Others around us in portables reported similar action during the day.

We were happy with the weekend and considered 47 fish through the hole a success. I'll be back up this weekend or next!!

For us, set lines had the most production by far as well. The pink hook seemed to be the best, but got fish on yellow and green hooks as well. Had a few on the jigs, but it seemed like that called the fish in and they hit the deadsticks.

Went up fri to sun got 40-45 fish for three guys out at the end of Hillmans road. Fish where biting morning and day for us but did get a couple at night.