• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chip ?'s

Fishing Realtor

Question

I have the '07 Navionics chip in my H2O - does Navionics offer an upgrade on these chips if you send it back? Cost? Will it get me considerably more MN lakes with 1-ft. contours?

I was/still am leaning towards buying a Lakemaster anyway though - when do they come out with the '09?

I'd love to have the Rainy River on one of my options, but it looks like that's on it's own LM chip with Rainy Lake & LOW.

Thanks for any insight...

4 answers to this question

You can not get an upgrade on them.. Lakemaster has offered a $50 trade in before, but no way of knowing if they will continue to do that.

I believe they still have their trade-in program. I think you get a $50 credit on your New Chip.

I would check the Navionics website to see which lakes have been added and if they are of interest to you.

Off Navionics site: they do have the trade-in program. Depending on what you spend for a new Navionics chip - they send you a $25 or $50 check after you send your old chip in. So the 'O8 would cost me $100 after that.

Why would I do this when I can get the new Lakemaster for the same price?

Thats why I woudl get he Lakemaster but it all depends on which lakes you are fishing. Make sure on the contours of the lakes too.