• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Appledoorns Sunset Bay/Fishermens Wharf - Shaws Reef 2 Mile Reports ??

tool68

Anybody having any luck in the area around Shaw's Reef? A group of us are heading up with our kids on the 18th and staying in a couple of houses out of Fishermens Wharf. Always an easier trip for the kids if the fish are biting.

I'll be heading up to Fisherman's Wharf the same day with 10 work buddies. I too am interested in whats going on with the bite in the area.

I am heading up there tomorrow and staying until Tuesday I will give a report when i return

There is only one problem...hopefully it is not a finesse bite because Tool68 can only catch 24" walleyes on a rattle reel when he is passed out in front of the tv in the middle of the night. grin

Just got back from a trip up to mille lacs and fished shaws reef and 2 mile we caught 9 jumbo perch the first morning and tons of little guys, the second day (half day) we only caught one jumbo and a few little perch....Two small walleyes over both days under 10 inches... Talked to some other ppl on shaws and seemed like the bite was not any better for them...however i did have one big fish on but after a little fight my treble hook broke and "the one that got away" got away =)...we threw the tackle nox at them and could not find anything that was really producing...hope that helps sorry it was not a better report....o and there where 3 of us fishing...

We did not do well at all. Woke up this morning to -33 according to my truck Thermometer. 4 Trucks and mine was the only one that started (I put fuel additives in before I left) A fitting end to an unproductive 3 days. 8 guys and we caught about 15 perch (2 Jumbos) 2 eel pout 1 5" walleye, and a 25" walleye. I did not hear any really good reports. So hopefully when you arrive this weekend the bite will be on.

I would recommend renting an underwater camera from the wharf if you don't have one, all the perch were caught by watching them. They were not biting very hard at all they would suck it in and spit it out. Without the camera I don't think we would have gotten many at all.

fished across the main road from Shaws reef. about 1/2+ mile out onto the flats near the pressure ridge. ended the weekend with 7 big perch (largest was 13") my 12 y.o. son missed 5 or 6 more.

3 eel pout just after dark, 2 of my rattle reels went off at 2:30 a.m. (missed them)

as said above, the perch bite light, couldn't catch them without a camera. tried fishing with the FL8 but there were so many 3" perch cruising it was tough to detect anything.

saw a couple eater size walleyes just before dark and quite a few nice tullibee throughout the day (on the camera), couldn't get them to bite.

good luck.

Did you happen to try a spring bobber?That's how we caught fish without watching them bite on camera.(Someone unnamed hog's the camera!)c63

What??

Wow dude,,you are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy

Spring bobbers are a very good way to detect a bite and Camera's also show when the schools come in.

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FrankOcean
      My grandmother is a very old person, and she has had a real estate company for 20 years now, she has dedicated her whole life to it, so she does not understand much about technology and is looking to modernize her business, she is one of the few real estate companies that They don't have their own application, so I see myself in charge of finding a good software developer for real estate and that type of business. Do you know any professional or company that is dedicated to it?
    • BobT
      Don't forget about IP Lures just west of town about 2 miles on the south side of Co. 82.    I was out on Osakis last week for a couple hours. Picked up two walleyes, one about 13" and the other a fat 14-1/2". Also a couple northerns and a handful of perch.
    • Andre.y
      Of course, you shouldn’t even ask about this, because this is the responsibility of the executor of the order, that is, the employee who will create such an application. I think it will be stated in the contract of employment if there is one and then you don't have to ask for anything.
    • smurfy
      👍 awesome sauce!!!
    • CigarGuy
      Shallow. Got skunked tonight. Just got chased off by the weather. Last evening was the only time the last 4 times out I caught fish. Last even was light drizzle and calm water. Water warmed up about 3-1/2 degrees since the first time out.
    • Kettle
      Got into the cranes, 5 a piece this morning for two of us  
    • Fasterok
      It is very important not only to identify mushrooms by their appearance but also to understand whether it is useful or not, because now there are many poisonous mushrooms, and it is extremely important that no mistakes were made in the selection of such mushrooms. That's why I here https://www.mushrooms.online/mushroom-poisoning/ read a lot of interesting information about poisonous mushrooms and was able to understand more about it. I hope that I was able to help you and was really helpful to learn. 
    • TimothyBoolman
      Nice article
    • FrankOcean
      e-commerce applications always do wonders for any business so your idea is very good, someone here in this forum should be able to recommend you some good company that can help you develop the application, remember to ask them to review the application before launching it to the market, so that it does not come out with errors, if it has errors you will lose many users, good luck with your business!
    • FrankOcean
      With all that amount of guests you have, you need to create the application, yes or yes, it will facilitate communication between you and your clients, making it possible for you to answer each query, doubt and order that they ask of you, in addition to being able to charge them for your service with total comfort, try try to contact a company that is dedicated to developing this type of applications, although I cannot know exactly how much the creation cost will be, so try to have enough capital to spend

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.