• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Lizzie Roundup Roll Call

Please post here if you plan of being there Saturday morning.

Dead and I will definatley be there.

Neither of us have ice fished the lake, but I have fished it in the summer (have two spots where I got slabs), so hopefully some of you that are familiar with the lake will be there or can email Dead or myself with some pointers smile We've got some ideas of where to start, we'll be targeting pannies during the day and may set up for eyes towards the afternoon we'll have to see how it goes.

Last Sunday I plowed a road from Delmar's north to the group of houses, it not real wide, but they pulled off 3 wheel houses. I am planning on plowing to the south yet this week to some other houses. I have not been there since Sunday, but it should be open, and Delmar was trying to make it wider. The north group was doing real good fishing.

The road N out of Delmars should get us pretty close to a nice Pannie hole. Buddy owns the point straight across from the access and he-we know a couple of decent spots to check out. I'll bring the GPS and mark a few spots to try. We'll only be as mobile as the roads allow. I'm starting to wonder if I should bring the wheeler or If that's a waste of time?

ole

I would like to go but I dont have a portable. I have a snowmobile to get out but if the weather is cold I wont stand outside to long. I have a 8x18 castle but dont sound good for that.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a decent road on the N end of the lake. Not sure about the slush and water though. Anyone know for sure?

ole

I am wondering about the 4 wheeler as well, I pull a trailer with it and could most likely help haul stuff out, if I can get the thing going out there...there will be 2 of us, I hope the snow completely misses us! Enough already!

I pulled my house off of the north end of the lake yesterday after I heard the weather forecast - I put chains on my truck, in my opinion the only way I would have gotten my house to the plowed road.

If we do get 6+ inches of new snow and the 20-30mph winds they are forecasting, a snowmobile might be the only option. The old snow is hardening up and I'm not sure how much a plow will be able to do anymore.

There was some water comming up around my house when I was pulling it off yesterday.

count me in. might not have a sled to pull out my stuff but chains on the explorer should get me to where i need to be hope the road is plowed somewhat. bak2mn have a big two man portable so if need be there will be heat and a seat opean. if i end up going with a friend i have a solo that can be used for the day.

Planning to make it. Will have Yukon portable, but may need a tow if driving truck out is not an option.

Gonna try to make it, just worried about getting on the ice, no sled or wheeler, maybe I can get out with the yukon! Any road reports would be great!!! Hope to be there!!

I'll be bringing my 2 man and my 1 man if anyone needs a shelter or a seat, but I only have one heater for myself. Anyone who has a snowmobile, bring it as that is the way we will need to get around by how things sound. We'll see you all there, should be a fun day.

I'm hoping to get my plow truck fixed tomorrow, if so I will try to make it to the north end again, this will help you all out. I'll be busy Sat. morning on Lida, but hope to come over in the afternoon. I'd like to meet you guys and of course look in your buckets, LOL.

Just wondering if there will be any room to park on the edge of the ice. I'll have a trailer with snowmobile and porty to unload. I also have a Shappel 4000 that someone could use if they have gear and a heater.

Just wondering if there will be any room to park on the edge of the ice. I'll have a trailer with snowmobile and porty to unload. I also have a Shappel 4000 that someone could use if they have gear and a heater.

you can probably park along the gravel road near the public access (unless someone graciously plowed the access) and unload there. Other anglers have done that in the past, and that's what I'm planning on doing. I will be using the public access to get on the lake via snowmobile.

I just got in from plowing on Lizzie. Road from Delmar's north to north end is wide open, and I plowed one south also. They are not real wide but you can pull a wheel house on them. They are also nice enough for a car to pass on them. If you go out through Delmar's, he has a money box on the right side of the road right even with his trailer house on shore. He is a very nice man to let us go on to the lake through his land, and he tries to plow what he can. Hope to see you all in the afternoon, Scott.

I'm going to try and be out there tomorrow---don't know weather I'll be brave enough to drive so may need a ride out. Just have a fish trap pro though--nothing big

hope to see everyone

wow i was totally under the impression that the get-to-gether was not untill next saturday... so i have been trying to figure out what to do this weekend. i will forsure be there. driving my POS Jimmy so if you see a redish jimmy with a clueless 22 yr old stepping out, its me. hopefully we can drive out there or else i will be pulling my small little guide. um anything else needed??? i think i will head to wally world tonight and pick up some munchies...

I thought this was a Sunday thing. I have to work tommorrow, so I'll miss out this year. Oh well, guess I need to spend my spare time looking for a job. Found out I'm losing mine. Good luck to everyone.

Looks like i'll be getting off of work on time here in a little bit, Cliffy and I are meeting up and driving down at 0800 hrs. SSCHOPSHOP, thanks for the plowing. See you all in the morning...

Hope you all had fun, I had to do Christmas with the family in Hastings MN and a photoshoot in Redwing. Christmas was good, Photoshoot was bad. How did you guys do?