• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch Lake

tmoney_0206

Just flipped through my lake map book and came across perch lake. Never knew the lake existed. I live in River Falls. How do you get to it? How do you fish for rainbows on hard water?

Sounds like fun to me!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Perch Lake is about 4-5 miles east of Houlton.

From River Falls, go through Hudson on Wis 35 north to Co. Rd V, follow V north to Co. Rd. E (E comes from Houlton) Turn right, or east on E about 1 1/2 miles to Perch Lake Road. This will be on the left side (north) of the road. (bottom of hill) Just a short way to the lake.

There is tons of info about fishing trout through the ice in the trout forum. I would start shallow (10' or less) and use small sunfish presentations. A weed edge would be good if you can find one.

Good luck.

I've had good luck with a moon jig tipped with waxie out there. there is no driving anything on there there is a public parking on the south end and have fun.

fish in 50 ft of water 20 yds off the point (formed by the bay and the main lake), and use a small jig with 2 spinners, (available at burkhart co-op) similar to the flutter bug, and use crappie minnows. This is a sure fire way of landing trout. Need a vevilar to mark them. I have fished out there for 7 yrs and this works!

Do you have to walk all the way in to the lake? I drove by there a couple weeks ago and the gate was closed and nothing was plowed. I'd love to spend some time on the ice there, was even thinking about spendign the day there tomorrow.

No, you were trying to enter the park there, there is a boat launch on the south shore and a parking lot just up from that. You get there off County Road E unload your stuff and park in the parking lot.

Hudson huh, I am originally from Hudson

Thanks! I'm hoping to get out there sometime this week.

We moved to Hudson from Texas 6 years ago. I love this area for all the places to fish. It doesn't get much better!

Hey Hudson fisherman! I'm on the Mn.side of the bridge, and my two usual fishing partners are laid up....One needs a new knee and the other is going in for shoulder surgery..I fish the Ws. lakes alot, and would like to find some folks to double team some of the lakes..I also have a 4X8 shack that (fold up ) is just sitting in the driveway that needs to be on Bass lake...Give me a shout if your interested..

I'll give you a shout next time I'm headed out. The only bad part is, I don't always know until the day of. Thanks!

The beauty of my job is I am the boss and I dictate my hours of operation....As long as the work gets done sez da' boss.....And I am forced to agree with him!!...Impulse angling rules!...P.S.....have you fished Bass lake and do you know the secret that it holds?...

I've got some time off at the end of the month. Would anyone want to show me around some of these WI lakes? I'll pay for bait and bring some food if that is an incentive.

Is your secret that you have caught some species out there that you think no one knows are in that lake? Because I am pretty sure there are no secrets out there. I grew up fishing this lake.

...P.S.....have you fished Bass lake and do you know the secret that it holds?...

secret=carp and lots of them:)

Just flipped through my lake map book and came across perch lake. Never knew the lake existed. I live in River Falls. How do you get to it? How do you fish for rainbows on hard water?

Sounds like fun to me!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I've been fishing perch lake for 25 years. Any time after dark with a glow jig and a waxie you can't keep them off your hook. It's fun but if you want to catch big trout through the ice go to glen hills park, they average 2 to 3 pounds. As far as driveing on the lake I have in the past and still will drive out there but the landing is very steep.

Are the regs the same at Glen Hills as they are on Perch Lake? I tried Perch Lake this past week for a couple of hours. Didn't have as much time as I'd like. I'll have to head out there some evening. Thanks for the presentation hint. They weren't biting on minnows!

glenwood city just off from co road E. in the spring time it produces several 1 to 1.5 blue gills. and some nice crappies not like on the river but 9 to 10 inch. when I have some time I will post some pics. But the trout are amazing in this lake there brooks also, breeding trout that are bread out so there stocked at a min of 17 inches. but its not like pearch lake they bite in the AM close to shore.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Riverdreams,

I grew up in Hudson and used to fish Glen Hills Park about 20 years ago!! I am going to be in town next week from Colorado and am going to go there and try it. Have you been there yet this year? If so do you have any tips for me? We used to catch them on minnows on a tip-up as well as just your standard jig stick with a small panfish jig and a waxie. If I remember right we fished to the right of the boat launch. But I do remember a guy that fished in the little bay across from that and got some decent bluegills too.

Thanks for your help!

Tim