• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leech Lake - Summer Walleye & Bass Fishing

Might get a chance to fish Leech next summer, probably August. Just wondering how Leech did last year from a walleye perspective and what the guess is for '09 (given heavy stocking in recent years, etc.)

Also, are smallmouth bass rare in Leech? I have also heard that the largemouth fishing can be outstanding.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

DB

The Eyes came around last year again. With this past season and the lack of ability for many to get on the ice there this year it should be a good year again, I would hope!

I have never caught a smallie there, but have heard of it.

The largemouth fishing can be good, you are correct there. Email me for a tip on that one I would rather not post. Not sure how many people fish bass on Leech, but just in case. anthony.stein at blackbox-vs dot com

fishing on leech was real good this spring for walleye perch and northern. August can be alittle more difficult to find them but there is alot of fish in leech and it should be an excellent 09

Jason

Thanks for the feedback! We booked our trip today. Coming up late August to hit the eyes, bass, and skis.

Anthony - I'll check in on your bass tip come August. Appreciate the help.

DB