• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LIMIT OF CRAPPIES ON GREEN LAKE BY CHISAGO AREA

We were out on Little Green Lake lastnight, caught and released over 100 crappies. Kept the three limit for the three of us. All nice crappies.

Tom, I think the last two posts answered yours. Nice to have an idea where a good bite is happening.

Where exactly is this lake? Me and ten of my buddies are on our way from the west metro to get some of these crappies!

Where exactly is this lake? Me and ten of my buddies our on are way from the west metro to get some of these crappies!

I dont know how many from my group are showing up, I just put it in an email and FWD'ed it to all my buddies with the subject:

"10+ " Crappies are on fire. Catch your limit and then some."

10 minutes later, I actually got it FWD'ed back to me. HA.

smile

invite everyone! just stick to the restrictions.

green-crappies over 9", walleyeover 17"

chisago-bass all over 12" need to be released

i believe it is the last year for these restrictions and hopefully the dnr will renew them.

so what is everyones personal feeling on posting a "hot bite"? personally i do not care for it when someone posts lake x is biting at a specific spot and specific species, i believe that is what happened to prior lake and that is why it is such a zoo

so what is everyones personal feeling on posting a "hot bite"? personally i do not care for it when someone posts lake x is biting at a specific spot and specific species, i believe that is what happened to prior lake and that is why it is such a zoo

I'm with ya. Especially on small metro lakes. Not that green is a small metro lake.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

OK sooo that's Little Green Lake in Chisago, not Green Lake in Isanti. Got it! Isanti Green is already a Zoo. Calling all my buds now. Thanks. See you there! Shhh! wink

I don't see anything wrong with how this was posted. You still have to figure out where to fish, what depth, and what bait might have been hot. Plus we all know an awesome bite one day can be gone the next.

I don't see anything wrong with how this was posted. You hozers still have to figure out where to fish, what depth, and what bait might have been hot. Plus we all know an awesome bite one day can be gone the next.

Not to mention this could be a big line of [PoorWordUsage] as well....

I've always said this, if you want to post it, post it. I won't give a specific spot, but I'll post if I'm catching fish, usually the lake or river and how many FOW.

Good job buts whats yer point?

Well for starters, a lot of what goes on this website is fishing reports, hence his first post, and the part about them all being over 9" probably relates to the fact that you cant keep any crappies under 9" so he was trying to avoid a million people asking him if they were in the size limit.

Haha so are you trying to say that the reason prior lake is a zoo is because someone on this website posted a report about a hot bite? Gimme a break....BTW green lake is no secret either.

Roster, I personally don't care for specific lake posts either, especially smaller lakes. Winnie, Mille Lacs, Leech, Red, LOTW,ect. I don't mind. They're the popular go to lakes either way. It's nice to know where the hot bite is, yes, but I also don't like overcrowding lakes or giving up areas that others may have put in some time and effort to find success. The follow the herd mentality isn't for me. Doing it the easy way seems the way of most now days. Yes, word spreads throught the fishing grapevine (baitshops, friends telling each other, ect) which is the way it always has been. Anonymous, tell everyone reports, most times are bogus, and if they are legit, well, I can't for the life of me see why I'd want to tell everyone if even only 2 % of them were "slobs." I believe that number to be higher, but can't prove it. Most respectful sportsmen go there own way, with a report from someone they know or past experiecne, a gut feeling, or a well thought out plan.

That said, you can't really fight it or disagree openly with it here. This site is about building commraderie and being nice to one another, helping each other out, and the like. That's great, too. I'm probably a bit to protective of lakes I fish the most, and have an overexaggerated idea of how many folks base there fishing trips on reports here, but I do know the number is significant, and what if it does lead to overharvest / excessive pressure on some lakes. Not worth the pat on the back for a good report to me. Good luck.

Why not post false reports then. That would keep people running around for nothing.

MUHHAUHAHAHHAAHHAA

=)

There are SO MANY places on prior where there is nobody it's only a "zoo" in certain places it's not like there aren't fish were no people are.

you guys its a good lake for craps but your gonna get a ton of small ones less than 8 inches all ways fish this with friends.Good ake if u want to catch something unless they all grew an inch from last week but there are some decent ones in there, 10+ inches sometimes just hard to find.

Nothing like bringing the site down to a low. A guy shares his good fortune and gets reemed. Real sportsman like ha?

Thank You for sharing seanssdd I enjoy reading someone is having good luck and having a good time. Please don't let a few bad apples ruin your FM experience

Last Winter read some reports on here of limits of crappies from 10-13 inches on Green. Fished it for a few hours and after feeding a bunch of 8 7/8th inch crappies decided to go home. Of the hundred or so crappies did manage two legal keepers.

That was my one and only time on the lake.

Last Winter read some reports on here of limits of crappies from 10-13 inches on Green. Fished it for a few hours and after feeding a bunch of 8 7/8th inch crappies decided to go home. Of the hundred or so crappies did manage two legal keepers.

That was my one and only time on the lake.

Yup, you and how many other's followed that report.

Nothing like bringing the site down to a low. A guy shares his good fortune and gets reemed. Real sportsman like ha?

Thank You for sharing seanssdd I enjoy reading someone is having good luck and having a good time. Please don't let a few bad apples ruin your FM experience

Real sportsmen respect their quarry, as well as fellow sportman. I find it disrespectful, in a couple ways (to a vulnerable fishery & to fisherman that may have spent alot of time and effort putting together / finding something that is working) to post LIMTIS of fish being caught on such and such lake.

A few good pix and a general location will get you your pat on the back, even from me, and you can go enjoy it again, without bringing extra, often unwanted company to that lake. Take a few friends, or their kids if you want to fish with others.

I still don't feel comfortable inviting strangers. Many here on FM are sportsman and practice selective harvest, but many still do not. I will not give a "hot bite" to anyone that I believe may "disrespect" the fishery or others fishing that spot. I would be doing that by posting a SPECIFIC "hot bite" here, I believe.