• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sturgeon Excursion, April 18th and 19th 2009

wastewaterguru

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Otter

• Matt C

• harvey lee

• hanson

Are live or dead minnows preferred guys? I can ask my bait store owner buddies to start saving me dead minnows if they will work as well.

The fresher the better. I wouldn't bother with the dead stuff. In fact I like to have a couple of wigglers mixed with the pinched and smashed ones.

Bring multiple types of baits and experiment. I know I have a new favorite after last year.

I learned something new!!!!

I agree that the minnows did work just as well or better last spring.

I will have both with if I get to go.

So the Frozen Emerald's they sell up there wouldn't be any good?

They would probably work pretty well. As long as they were flash frozen while alive, and not frozen dead ones (if that makes sense).

The other boat we were with last year used some Emerald shiners and caught a few fish. Spendy if you buy them up there. They said they were oily and smelly, but I don't think they out produced any other bait.

I believe we caught our larger fish on the emeralds.

Well that's what I'm after of course so might have to give them a try?

Dtro I get what your saying about the flash frozen deal but is there a way to tell the differance or do you just ask and hope to get an honest answer?

what time does the fishing start on saturday? with work i might have to head up early saturday morning. i have thought about this trip for the last couple of years but have never been able to get friday off. i really wanna go. one more question how big of a boat do you need to be out there?

iceman

You can fish whenever you want. They bite all throughout the day, so you don't have to get out early. And you'd be fine in a 14' boat. Maybe not really comfortable all day, but you don't need a big boat.

Ok...I really, really want to go. But...I don't see any other women have responded. Is this a 'guy thing'? And...I don't have my own boat.

A friend just bought a place right smack next to the Wigwam which is about 10-15 miles north of Schuster's. I'd be happy to find out if it's available if any other women are interested in going.

Lori

Lori

Maybe if you mentioned that your also looking for a fishing buddy in the Womens forum that someone may respond.

I know that there are some very good women fisherman in that forum.

The list is growing to reserve a flat of crawlers for the big event. All you need to do is call Bob at Moore's bait & tackle to get on the list. (612)861-7412 or write to [email protected]

There were a lot of nice fish caught last year, I hope the same holds true this time. Good luck to those that can make it.....

Local shops will have plenty of bait too iffin folks can't get it down south.

Thanks Norm. We'll get the minnows up there, no doubt. I just ordered two flats through Moore's Bait; pickin' them up on the way North.