• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Big_Cahuna

Waskish Minnow Station

Big_Cahuna

Thanks to Jonny Kelly and Patsy for the great trip we had Jan 1-3. We caught 27 walleye and 4 perch. Plus the 10 or so that jumped off the hook! My sons caught some fatties that we had to let go but were they fun!!! Thanks again and we'll see you guys next month. I'll scan and email that list my 10 year old made soon.

BC

kelly-p

You're raising some avid fishermen there. cool Tell them they got out just in time as the weather just kept getting worse. I finally got to see the results today in the sunshine,,,,do we have snow now. cry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• srj
      Well said, Hoey. Regarding large walleyes eating small walleyes...…...a number of large walleyes every year chow down on my yellow, chrome and red (clown) Rapala TDD 11's, black headed white bodied and polka dotted (wonderbread)Reef Runners and a full spectrum of colored shad raps......not 1 of which resembles natural baitfish. So large walleyes won't gobble down a native fish of small proportions? Gimme a break. We need to insure that LOW does not become the new Mille Lacs. By the way, fishing is fantastic on ML currently. Pretty much all bigger fish. I would hate to not have a fish dinner after a day on the lake.
    • papadarv
      If fan selection is set to high or low fan runs all the time. Set fan control to auto, fan starts and stops with compressor run.
    • Jmnhunter
      got an answer from coleman mach- they said all of their AC units are compatible with a thermostat, but you would also need to install a control box as well for the thermostat to communicate with it
    • delcecchi
      Thanks Cliff.  I was pretty sure you weren't using both at same time because law and because a itty bitty shad rap wouldn't get down that deep.  😀
    • norwaybay
      Was up over the weekend and fished Friday and Saturday for an hour or two each day.  Couldn't get a bite on a leech but rainbows were the ticket.  Walleyes were on very narrow window of feeding but when they did bite caught 6 slot fish 22-26.  All healthy and spitting up 2-6 inch perch in the net.  Green beads and Red beads on a 6 foot lindy drifting about 0.7 in 13-16 feet of water.  Find the bait balls on the sonar and look for the walleyes underneath.  No keepers but that's ok the slot fish were sure fun
    • Jetsky
      I haven't seen any dead minnows or evidence of spiny waterfleas in Frazier Bay this year. Any advice for fishing Frazier bay currently?  Usually around Father's Day we can catch them using slip bobbers and leeches/crawlers in shallower water in the evenings.  All we get are 11 inchers this year.  Any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Hoey
      I applied to be on the committee, denied.  I pretty much understand and agree with all comments in this post, however I would add the topic of slots.   1 - I believe the strategy behind the protective slot is a good thing for reproduction and growth of trophy sized fish. 2 - I believe there is a large natural imbalance of slot fish, size-wise, more of the slots than typical in nature. 3 - i believe this imbalance leads to depredation - large ones eating small ones.   The DNR and other "experts" claim walleye do not do this.  i have personally seen 10 inch eyes in the stomachs of 18s.  A 16 inch eye in a 30.  Not many of the fish in the slot and above are being cut open, so it is really tough to know exactly what is going on, but it sure is possible.   I do not have a recommendation on how to solve this.  Around 2000, fish over 19.5 were protected, allowing one over to be kept.  That would seem to help control the number of slots.  Again, I do not have a recommendation. Also, folks fishing multiple days, claiming a limit each day seems fishy, as it is nearly impossible to eat 4 fish each day.....  And if you claim have a fish meal the night before departing and you have a limit to travel with, you were over the limit.  
    • Hoey
      Fished Fri, Sat, and Sun with FIL, BIL, and the Mrs.  Fri was at large, deep basin reef.  Pulled up, anchored with a good bite.  Nothing fast and furious, but enough to keep us busy and interested.  Then the wind went flat.  Our bite went with it so we began pulling spinners, finding areas with biting fish.  The bugs were a moderate bother.  Ended with 8 larger eyes and 4 slot fish.   Sat was up to the south shore of the Angle.  Started off in 30' pulling spinners into 5', but never got past 27' as the bite was good.  Spent about a hour with this bite, then proceeded to join the 60 or so boats off Stoney.  We trolled through the village, picking up fish every 5 minutes or so.  Ended early at 2pm due to threatening skies that never produced and unbearable bugs.  Ended with another 8 eyes and 3 slot fish. Sun, needing suager, we fished in nearby reef that we heard had sauger.  Really no bugs to speak of due to the nice breeze.  Found our sauger, but more remarkable was the slot fish bite.  Ended just short of 20.  FIL was on fire.  He had nearly half of the boat's slots.  He went 28, 20, 25, 26.5, 27, 24, 27, and 24.  Here is the 28 with a smile.  
    • holmsvc
      I agree with too many small fish, the issue is the deep water winter fishing.  This would result in more fish being wasted, as people would shove them under the ice rather than being fined.
    • Jmnhunter
      you are correct got a solid answer from champion on that; i do have an email sent out about the thermostat on those coleman ac units as they ahve a catolog selling them, just couldnt find out if it was compatible with our units