• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
catfreak

Cattin' the Chain

50inchpig

Still able to get out on the lake and the cats are active starting at dark. I wish I had a whole night to spend out there. A little water around the shorelines but if you're motivated enough there's still fish to be had.

Looks like my cattin is done, had lots of fun pulling the whiskers through the hole this winter, thanks to you guys on this thread for posting info on how to catch these things, it was a blast for someone who doesn't know too much about ice fishing. I'm ready to get out in the boat!

DTro

I agree 50, this was a great thread this winter, my thanks go out to everyone as well. I'm heading further North this weekend, so my hard water cattin is probably done for the year.

Can't wait for the open water Big Girls to start eating down here!

so haaad

I was on the ice chasing pannies last night around Forest Lake and the ice was really shot. Might be time to focus on getting the boat ready.

Rick G

My cattin days are over for the winter as well. Going up around park rapids area for the next two days chasing pannies. This was a awsome thread this winter big thanks to Catfreak for starting it up. And while Im at it BIG THANKS to the hso/fm admin for making all this happen.

nytelyter

yeah that was me. i really cant let darrin get all the shine. it was a neat story and that reporter spent about an hour and a half out there filming. but it is the second time i have had my shack featured by them so i am thinkin a new paint job is in order. was seriously ponderin doint it in winter camo. think it would be cool done that way. ... psul

pushbutton

fished two evenings this week and caught 1/2 dozen between the two. the kitties were hungry right at dusk between 7:30 and about 8:15. kind of shut down after dark. was in a north bay and the shallower the better. very aggressive bite but lackluster fight. was still good to wet a line though.

catfreak

Yea. Thanks to everybody for making this such a good thread all winter. I just started it to get a little info on catching a couple cats on horseshoe and it supplied me with more info than I could have ever imagined. Special thanks to Dtro and Borch for helping me snag a cat with their info early in the winter.

Shack

Ya, I can not believe this thread stayed alive as long as it did! grin

Was fun though!

Borch

Lots of folks checking them out this winter. Come summer they will be much more active.

Rick G

I get a lot of them fishing for walleyes all sumer long.