• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Black Lake Report: 1/4

Got out on Black Lake today because I figured I could get out of the wind on the west side. Moved all over the west side punching holes and dropping the camera. Tried deep and shallow and finally found a TON of fish suspended 5 feet up in 20 feet of water. Fished there from 2:30-6 and caught 2 crappies. Tried everything I had but they would barely even look at my bait. The school I was over was mostly crappies with a few sunnies and perch mixed in. They were very negative and barely moving.

Wow. Sounds weird i never had that happen yet this year. I have cought my limit almost every time. But we always go by the bridge.

What were you using? I almost always limit out on finesse plastics. I seldom use crappie minnows anymore.

I usually do really well on waxies on Black, until about dusk, then its plastics and/or minnows. I was on Crystal bay a few days ago, and you really had to lift your jig 5-10 feet up the water column in order for them to take it. Once you lifted it, and they wanted it, they would dart super fast and take it.

Got out on Black Lake today because I figured I could get out of the wind on the west side. Moved all over the west side punching holes and dropping the camera. Tried deep and shallow and finally found a TON of fish suspended 5 feet up in 20 feet of water. Fished there from 2:30-6 and caught 2 crappies. Tried everything I had but they would barely even look at my bait. The school I was over was mostly crappies with a few sunnies and perch mixed in. They were very negative and barely moving.

I attribute the tough bite sunday to high pressure. We had set lines down that produced a few fish, but jigging spoons or small jigs/waxies/minnow heads enticed more fish to bite. We saw the same thing, the fish were lethargic, but if you kept jigging they would be more likely to bite.